Thread: Can you fit adjustable front lower arms with standard tension rods? s14a

Rides

Can you fit adjustable front lower arms with standard tension rods? s14a

Bought a pair of japspeed adjustable front lower arms as my lower balljoints are shagged! just woundering if i can fit these with standard tension rods?. Also one of my balljoints just turns when you try to undo the nut anyone got any ideas how to get that out? not alot of room for cutting it out. cheers.

Rides
    If you set them to the same size as the standard arms then yes they will fit, but if you want to adjust them will need adjustable arms.

I'd you use an impact gun on the ball joint will come out easy, if you don't have access use a sturdy ratchet and hit it with a hammer as you turn it

Rides
    dont think you have the room to get a impact gun in there, also the standard tension rods have solid studs on them which dont look long enough to fit through the adjustable arms.

Rides
    the stock rods studs as you thought are not long enough for the round section/adjustable lower arms,
    the studs are pressed into the rods
    could spend hours drilling the things,and refit them with longer nuts/bolts?

if its the lower arm ball joint spinning jack up on the under side of the ball joint to jam it into the taper hole tighter
    clean the exposed thread with a wire brush and (wd40 or similar) the nut wont bind and go tight on the cleaned thread
    with it jacked up do the nut up to unbind it and clean the thread then go for removal and poss save the threads stripping

Rides
    Damn! i thought so, looks like il have to go for adjustable tension rods aswell, just bloody poly bushed my tension rods a couple of weeks ago. ok mate i will give that ago. been reading that some people have had problems with adjustable lower arms coming loose and needing to be realigned all the time is this the case? if so may just replace the ball joints in the standard arms.

Rides
    Can I make a suggestion? Bin off the adjustable lower arms and go back to stock, just put new joints and bushes in them. From what I've heard adjustable lower arms are more trouble than they're worth when it comes to staying aligned. New bushes and joints should see you change out of £100.

Rides
    And ARB droplinks won't fit properly to the adjustable lower arm...

Rides
    I think il try and get my money back for them then and change the balljoints and bushes in the standard arms, dont like the idea of them coming loose.thanks guys

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    I don't think they come loose in a dangerous manner, but all I've ever heard is how alignment flops out on them in not too massive timeframes. But I'd be doing what you're doing. Get on rock auto, order 2 Moog K9820's, hit up pioneer flex and grab their bushes and enjoy beast awesome front arms.