Thread: Cleaning products and car polishers

Rides

Cleaning products and car polishers

The cars in a right mess.

Hasn't been washed properly in months and hasn't seen any polish or wax since last summer. The paint is so bad It would take probably 2 whole weekends to get it back to where it should be and its looking really tatty up close. I don't really have it in me to spend that long on it, physically, so need a short cut.

Basically I'm looking for a polisher that can be wielded by an amateur and a decent lot of cleaning and polishing products. Not looking to spend fortunes and would be best getting them over the course of a few weeks so could stretch to fairly decent stuff. Want to get it looking good for summer.

Bare in mind I want to polish the paintwork, not strip it off.

Or is there someone in my area (Southend, Essex) that want to earn a few quid and do it for me? Wouldn't be for a few weeks however as I don't have the money right here and now.

Hit me!

Rides
    sounds like you need some g10 g3 and a polishing mop. maybe look what a detailer type company would charge? I see so many young lads starting them up it must be a bit cut throat.

Rides
    I'll have a search then. Really don't want to do it myself if I don't have to lol

Rides
    Is this any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PowerStorm...item1e9daeb51a

And if it is what sort of products should I be using with it?

Rides
    that's the best style of polishing mop. it depends on what is wrong with the paint work. if its a red car that faded to pink then I would mop it with some farcela G3 which is an abrasive cutting compound, then mop it again with some G10 or G10 it by hand, then use a regular polish then a wax.

but get it wrong with one of those mops and you can remove paint/get all kind of crazy paint effects.

I would say just do a bit at a time but then it feels like forever

Rides
    Its a black car showing up all the swirls and scratches and generally looking really tired and shabby.

Rides
    If you aren't really up for polishing it and it's black, contact a detailer and get some prices. Black, in my opinion, is the hardest colour to detail due to it showing up every little mark.

http://www.glossyautos.co.uk/ Try this guy, he does very thorough work. Just let him know exactly what you want done to get the best price.