Thread: Hello from Bosnia

Rides

Hello from Bosnia

Hello from Bosnia and Herzegovina, my name is Fehim and from couple months ago I am proud owner of Nissan 200SX S13 with CA18DET in side, my S13 is in bad shape but it is complete car with out missing parts. And with 300000 km on clock. Engine is the complete mess and first what I need to do is to machine crank shaft and put oversize bearings +0.25 and rebuild all other stuff on that engine.

For now I searching for parts. This is some pictures of current work in my brother garage. (he is on last picture)

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thank you, if any body know how to buy online oversize +0.25 main rod bearings. Pleas tell me or send PM.

Rides
    Hi Fehim,

What we would name "big end bearings" are between connecting rod and crankshaft. Is this the same as your "main rod bearing" ?

Rides
    Main bearings are the bearings on which the crankshaft rotates, and big end bearings are like you said a bearings that connect piston rods and crank shaft. I need all that bearings and main and big end in +0.25 size

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Welcome to the UK's Fount of Knowledge on the S Body series!

Looks like you've plenty of work to do, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Rob.

Rides
    Welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Hello again, I did make some progress with my car, and rebuilding engine. I finish all machine shop work. New slaves to engine block and back to 83mm, I grind crank shaft to minus 0,25 mm. Also find new used one pistons stock 83 mm.
    Fix turbo clean all parts, find some parts like victor reinz gasket kit NPR piston rings NDC bearings (with that i have some issues). I buy all TT racing hose kit for water lines.

But I engine that is rebuild here in Bosnia with NDC bearings and it is destroyed after 10 000 KM. I did buy also clevite p series bearings but in side box is also NDC. I do not know what to do now, to tray find some other bearings or to use NDC.

Rides
    You could try ACL Race, they have bearings in those sizes:

http://www.aclperformance.com.au/Nis...0EBearings.htm

Rides
    Thank you for replay, i did read about ACL failure in one motor in one thread. And see some pictures because that I did not wont to use ACL. Is that mistake.

Rides
    Nothing wrong with ACL, I'm using them in my 500+hp SR20

Rides
    ACL are good

Rides
    This is some pictures, turbo is finished and fully repaired. I have only one issue with exhaust part of turbo. Because I have some cracks around west gate. But I will also deal with that.

I finish all machine shop work. Grind crank shaft, cylinder slaves back to 83 mm.

An some other things.

But I just have one issue, what to chose for bearings NDC or to buy ACL set.

Last edited by mserifov; 07-08-2015 at 10:18.

Rides
    Hello ms again I start rebuild of my car and engine, and I realize that this project is bigger then I except. But I finis my engine and buy another donor car for my project these some pictures

Everything star with head

And my brother that is master mechanic on this project

Head after some water and anti grease chemical

I did not use new lifter or valve guide only check everything and put viton valve seals. I did not have any more money for valve lifters and valve guides. My be it is mistake my be it is not but what I can do now.

Rides
    Now we go with engine block.

Cleaning first

Engine block have a machined new piston sleeves and it is all now on 83mm STD size. Pistons are also checked and piston rods so that everything now is in tolerance.

Rides
    Now crankshaft first cleaning then some assembly.

After everything I notice that I make one mistake, I did not tell the machine shop guy that and
    axial bearings are in plus 0.25 size so again on the machine.

I use victor reinz seals and all Clevite or NDC bearings in clevite boxes.

Rides
    After all of these I start to take care about other parts like valve cover, alternator case, starter case and that things.

Litle bit of sand blasting

Turbo after rebuild and balancing. It is all stock.

On the end all of that look like these and all new silicon hoses form ebay. Many do not fit but what I can do now.

Rides
    On the end engine is in the car

So after these I start to solve other issues

Wiring loom is mess

On the end I manege to start the engine.
    https://www.facebook.com/fehim.begic...4226518778044/

Rides
    One more video of running car

https://www.facebook.com/fehim.begic...4226518778044/

Engine is ok after rebuild but I have tone of other issues, like hard cold start, no constant pressure on fuel pump.

Car have non lambda ECU and non lambda or O2 sensor loom, and 4 pin non lambda maf and right now running way rich. I can not to get ok idle. I can not how to conect hot start solenoid hoses. Wiring loom is mess, and so on and on.

I need to tackle with all that issues one by one. For now car is running oil pressure is ok no knocking sound. I just need time and parts to get all this mess in right order.

I will tray to describe at the best state of this care. It is imported from Germany some around 2000 in to my country and after that this car never see again proper service. Oil starvation no proper oil no regular change, no proper mechanic no filter change. In the gear box i found only 0.5 liter of something instead 2,4 liters manual tran oil. And over all of this some one put LPG kit on this car. All busing on this car need to be changed. By some people opinion this car is ready for scrap yard. But I know that I will give him a new life.

A need some help and some advice's, little money and time and I know that I will drive this car for many many years. I buy one donor car with virgin crankshaft now transmission and some other parts but engine is ok. I will rebuild that engine with new oil pump new water pump and ACL race earnings. But when time and money came for that.

Rides
    Looks like you are making good progress!