Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rb25 swap

Rides
    Think I'm just going put the rb as a stock rb with my intercooler a better rad and clutch a front facing intake then build on the power from there with a bigger turbo and all the bits to go with it as well as new cams and all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jakertaylor View Post
    Think I'm just going put the rb as a stock rb with my intercooler a better rad and clutch a front facing intake then build on the power from there with a bigger turbo and all the bits to go with it as well as new cams and all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly the way im going to attempt it this winter.

Keep us updated!

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    IMHO Going RB depends on one thing.... what power do you want? 400hp? Stick with an SR, rebuilt it and your good to go! 500hp, go RB as it will have better drivability. If its inbetween 400hp and 500hp then do what your budget and head want to do.

I know from experience a 350-400hp S-Body is a dam capable car. I don't see the need for more power as the chassis is pretty week at handling more than that... all my opinion of course.

Rides
    Dont worry Willie...you'll get plenty chances to say "told you so" once mine is done lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    IMHO Going RB depends on one thing.... what power do you want? 400hp? Stick with an SR, rebuilt it and your good to go! 500hp, go RB as it will have better drivability. If its inbetween 400hp and 500hp then do what your budget and head want to do.

I know from experience a 350-400hp S-Body is a dam capable car. I don't see the need for more power as the chassis is pretty week at handling more than that... all my opinion of course.

As above 350 is a decent number to keep you entertained in an sbody, going for big power always ends up far more expensive, I regret doing it on my s13, at stage 3 300bhp was enough to scare me, and keep up with alot of expensive cars. Not to mention it's enough to get into law breaking speed quickly enough.

I regret going for 500 as do others as it costs a huge amount in things you don't even think about. Also there's not much point going rb unless you're certain (and financially ready) you want 450-500. Otherwise keep the standard engine it's nice and reliable, keeps a good weight balance and leaves you more money to spend on maintaining the csr

Rides
    for me going RB was my best ever decision, I only run 350 and its more than enough for a daily and to skid

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MapBoy View Post
    Dont worry Willie...you'll get plenty chances to say "told you so" once mine is done lol
    Excellent! LOL

Rides
    dont get me wrong when my car is at full chat the screamer open and the sound of the rb there is nothing better, the range of power aswell, its nice to drive even with my new r32 vlsd 4.3 ratio, but as said above by rubix i think, im there and aproaching almost 5 figures, granted not all engine, and alot of that money is on my bedroom floor, it al;l depends on what you want to do again as said above i more than happy to admit 400 in a s13 is too much for me and im learning it slowly but even tuning the avcr doing 4th gear runs on the (NOT motorway) blink of an eye you are going easily 140, id say get uprated brakes s14 brakes were sketchy as fook with this power for me, nice r34 bremobs on the front has made me feel a lot safer

Rides
    I had a rb30/26 in my s14a it was ok for work and back ...... if you had over laid lol as for weight ratio theres nothing in it ill dig my alignment sheet out.

Mine deliverd the power brilliant .