Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how to have a decent wedding day... but not bankrupt yourself in the process...?

Rides
    School Dinner ladies have the same problem gettng midweek time off Mrs C has had 24yrs of it

Lost count of the ammount of weddings she has missed

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by clai cerrig View Post
    Lost count of the ammount of weddings she has missed
    damn I knew I should have become a teacher ..... although knowing my luck everyone would probably decide to have their weddings during the 3 months a year I would get off

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    damn I knew I should have become a teacher ..... although knowing my luck everyone would probably decide to have their weddings during the 3 months a year I would get off

Rides
    Update to thread.

Well progress has been made. A date is booked and planning started (almost a year to prepare)

We seem to be going down the route of a local church for the ceremony with a village hall for afters.
    Our orginal plan was a civil service at a nearby hotel with reception and catering included but this proved too steep on cost.. Not only do we have 'wedding tax' to contend with, but living in the (very pleasant) New Forest, have 'national park tax' too. As everyone else seems to like the area too!

Although we're not particularly religious the Church was chosen due to having many close family connections with the parish, my late grandparents being just one. And although not living in the village due to priced out of the area they're happy for us to be wed there. And we don't have to attend as many church affairs as those not linked to the parish...which suits us.

Cost for church service + village hall comes in comfortably under 1k so leaves us with a good sum to continue with. Amanda's doing much of the leg work with sourcing things for cheap and is thankfully being rather good at it.

Thanks to the SXOC crew for all the advice above. It helped me keep my head on!

Rides
    1K is very good IMO. If you can have a great 1st day for a grand, that will hopefully leave a chunk for you to get started on the rest of your marriage

Good luck !