Thread: AC Schnitzer 328i, coilovers, M50, welder - better than your average

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides

AC Schnitzer 328i, coilovers, M50, welder - better than your average

I originally bought this off a mate in my village a few years ago, he had owned it from new – after rocking round for a bit I sold it onto Jason, who then sold it to Jules, and when he was looking to shift it last year I thought Id buy it back as a winter daily as I know it’s a solid car and a proper laugh.

Its done 140K, but had a replacement engine fitted at 90K which is as smooth as anything Ive driven and pulls hard right to redline, as you can see its also got a full AC Schnitzer body kit (including lip, rear spoiler and mirrors) and Schnitzer wheels too, running low as it does it looks pretty awesome.

Good things:
    M50 manifold conversion
    Coilovers
    Welded diff
    Light grey leather in decent nick
    New genuine BMW Angel Eyes
    Clutch delay valve removed
    On its ass

Less good things:
    Paint isn’t great, the bonnet has a big scratch on it as well
    Three of the arches are rusting, the rears are pretty bad
    At the moment only has MoT till end of Jan (likely to change)
    Handbrake is rubbish

Me, Jules and Jason all did bits to it so it’s a pretty decent 328i now, and the fact that I bought it back again should tell you something too – Id keep it for shits n giggles but I just don’t have the space.
    Ill say £1150 as it stands, if I get MoT then it will be a bit more but not much – it’s a very good drift car which is actually pretty quick and makes a perfect daily drifter that stands out a bit from the usual ratty looking E36’s.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Checked the arches for an interested party and seems I didnt it down, 2 are fine and the others are rusty but definitely still repairable

Likely to have a new MoT this week as well so price will reflect test fee etc.
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    That car is awesome fun!

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Its a crying shame I have a £735 service bill this month or I'd be tempted to take it for shits and giggles.

Rides
    The bm still for sale? Did it get a mot?

Rides
    Getting welded for MoT as I type, also having rear brake pipes replaced but was all good other than that. I hope to have it back by the weekend, Id take £1275 with an MoT I reckon

Rides
    Bump again, the two guys that were interested both bought cars while it was being welded