Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Series 22

Rides
    /\/\ I would never ever ever watch the programme again if ol' Fanny Pads was in it and if it just so happened to be on as I entered a room I would gouge my eyes out and shove pencils into my eardrums.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    If you got anyone else in they'd have to be a comedian IMO, no-one is going to want to watch another generic presenter doing the show.
    It'd have to be someone that would make people laugh, otherwise it'd fall on it's arse..
    you say that .. but with 2 presenters pissing about and one of them trying to be serious it would make for a quite comedic moments IMO ..... look at all the scenes in the old top gear where JC and Hammond are being dicks and May is "pretending" to be serious and getting annoyed .. funny ? ..... now imagine it where the presenter really does annoyed at his car being tampered with or Hammond cocking something up.

Having Guy Martin in it being enthusiastic and trying to get things done on time with a dithering May and an idiot Hammond, would be good.

People are worried about who will replace JC ..... its easy, get hammond to replace JC .. then you need to worry about who to replace Hammond ... crap anyone could do that, Hammond is replaceable !

Rides
    Guy Martin will never do it, Ever.

Rides
    Guy martin is a good shout. But he's a biker first and foremost

Rides
    that would add a twist to the old format - a show where it likes bikers .. can have a more car vs bike adventures/challenges/races.

but as Jamie said, he would never do it, because the expectation is for top gear be solely produced by cocks and idiots

Rides
    How about Hammond and May, with Nina Conti and a Clarkson puppet.
    They could get away with allsorts then.

Rides
    Personally I think they should let it die with Clarkson's exit.

Like him or not, he was the driving force behind the show's success. I fear anyone else will either look like they are trying to emulate Clarkson, or else will be dull as dishwater.

Is there any truth to the JC signing with Netflix rumors?

Rides
    Another option .... and this is genius due to its simplicity and ease ..... another option would be to do what they did with HIGNFY when Deaton left and get a different presenter each week ... now that isn't the genius part ... the genius part is have the SAME guest each week, namely Jeremy Clarkson.

Star in the reasonably priced car would be the same; him talking to someone else ... and if they just did some slo mo shots of him going round the same track in the reasonably priced car every week .. then its going to be no different to his reviews of cars anyway

the only difference would be he wouldn't be in the challenges or the adventures ..... but the regular episodes would be the same

Rides
    A long time ago JC replaced the no show Ford Cougar with a tub of lard. A sack of potatoes would do just fine.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie_ View Post
    I guess if its not your thing you could just watch the DVDs and reruns over and over. Maybe cut their faces out of old magazines to put inside your locket.

Here's a recent photo of the team before the break up for you..

Good old boys
    Oh the irony.

All three of the men you have pictured were replaced by the time LOTSW was finally laid to rest as a shadow of its former self.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Oh the irony.

All three of the men you have pictured were replaced by the time LOTSW was finally laid to rest as a shadow of its former self.
    Compo Clegg and Foggy were brilliant..... started on the downhill slope when they introduced Seymour

Rides
    I was gutted that the Beeb have given up on blokes. But then I found "Men's Hour" on 5-Live this evening. Strange how it clashes with the Top Gear slot?

Anyway, there was a chap welling-up about the lovely day he had picking daffodils with his daughters. Another guy described the joy he felt watching his son copying his skipping technique.

There was advice on how to wipe your child's bottom properly. And lots of stuff about how to make friends with the people your wife insists you meet.

I'm not making any of this up.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    That sounds awful!

I'm watching the Middle East special on Dave.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    In bed watching the Bostwana special

Oliver!

Rides
    JC is not Top Gear. He's a part of it yes, but he's not he be all and end all of the show.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    JC is not Top Gear. He's a part of it yes, but he's not he be all and end all of the show.
    Top Gear - JC = Fifth Gear

Rides
    They play Fifth Gear on repeat at my dentists.

The thinking being, you'd rather have your teeth drilled into than sit and watch that

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran O'Quick View Post
    I was gutted that the Beeb have given up on blokes. But then I found "Men's Hour" on 5-Live this evening. Strange how it clashes with the Top Gear slot?

Anyway, there was a chap welling-up about the lovely day he had picking daffodils with his daughters. Another guy described the joy he felt watching his son copying his skipping technique.

There was advice on how to wipe your child's bottom properly. And lots of stuff about how to make friends with the people your wife insists you meet.

Well that sounds like absolute w*nk...

Rides
    A w*nk would have probably been more productive from the sounds of it..................

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran O'Quick View Post

How the fcuk did you get through an hour of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go