Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which trolley jack??? Long, low and cheapish

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    It would probably be nearly half price
    Im no good with the maths
    I quoted from US site so im not sure what UK price is. If its right, that £180 ish with 2 axle stands and obvioulsy the warranty.

Rides
    That's not too bad. Import duties?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    That's not too bad. Import duties?
    I wont have to as id be getting it through our snap on account in the uk. Il send our guy an email and see.
    Might even see what price it is when i go out to the stateson sunday

https://store.snapon.com/Aluminum-Se...--P644489.aspx
    Last edited by jackm; 02-01-2015 at 18:20.

Rides
    BluePoint ones like ours, (low entry, something like 70mm), was on offer middle of late year at about £150, we had the last one but the wheel fell off before we got it into the workshop, (was only a missing clip but wasn't in the box), so it went back and as we didn't actually need another jack we didn't chase up a replacement.

I've jacked up my GMC with the Arcan, (weighs 2.2T), I've jacked the front and back on separate occasions and it's been totally stable. We got ours off Ebay.

Alex B

Rides
    ive got this blue point one.. had it 5 years now and its never let me down. being ally it doesnt rust, the wheels are very hard wearing and glide along even the roughest of concrete. think i got it in sale book for £170. and im sure ive seen it even cheaper in some of the more recent snap on books.

i can get it under the diff on my s13 which is very low, cant quite make the crossmember but it can reach the tow hooks the are either side of the chassis legs so i jack of them.

Rides
    As much as I like the Blue Point, I'd prefer a steelie. Call me old fashioned.

Rides
    Got the Clarke 2 ton low job in the end. Never thought I'd be turned on by a jack but she's a peach!

Rides
    Thought I'd give this a bit of a bump to all you sxoc'ers as noticed yesterday that Costco now have the arcan alley jacks back in stock at £78. they are also doing x2 arcan axle stands for £14

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Cheaps.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Don't bother with the sfs one I've just bought one and it struggles to lift the car properly and the release handle drop is so sensitive it's dangerous I degree is enough to not drop or drop at full speed

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    I was after an Arcan one for christmas as always get great reviews but couldn't see it in Costco... So ending up getting this: http://www.sgs-engineering.com/hydra...m-trolley-jack

Been using it for the last few days and its been great, slides straight under the car (mines pretty low) feels solid nice long handle (and comfy grip), fingers crossed it lasts
    If I can't get the one from Costco I'll get one of these, I'm using a crappy halfords jack.

Rides
    Don't get that one

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    Thought I'd give this a bit of a bump to all you sxoc'ers as noticed yesterday that Costco now have the arcan alley jacks back in stock at £78. they are also doing x2 arcan axle stands for £14

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product..._8.5.10/900930

Just been on the website and its advertised for £85 not £65? And whats this about having to be a member?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    Don't bother with the sfs one I've just bought one and it struggles to lift the car properly and the release handle drop is so sensitive it's dangerous I degree is enough to not drop or drop at full speed
    Been using mine for the last month (quite heavily) and its perfect, lifts the car fine and don't find it sensitive at all.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Davus200 View Post
    Been using mine for the last month (quite heavily) and its perfect, lifts the car fine and don't find it sensitive at all.
    Couldn't agree more. It's a heavy piece of kit but it does a great job. Mines low entry and lifts to something daft like 565mm combined with their big ratchet axle stands and their creeper board it's so easy working under the car now.

Rides
    Il have to ring them then as mine is dangerous there is no control over the speed it comes down at

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky_s13 View Post
    http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product..._8.5.10/900930

Just been on the website and its advertised for £85 not £65? And whats this about having to be a member?
    Well I've just been into Costco 30mins ago to pick one up and definitely wasn't £85.

Rides
    Spoke to sgs and they say it doesn't sound right so they want a video of it in action as they have never heard of one being that fast to drop

Rides
    Well I've just been into Costco 30mins ago to pick one up and definitely wasn't £85.
    Double post

Rides

Fair enough, looks a nice jack apart from the fact it doesn't lift very high, think I would spend the extra and get a SGS my last alloy jack seems so weak.