Thread: Seat Ibizia 07 1.4 TDI Cooling / Radiator Fan coming on

Rides

Seat Ibizia 07 1.4 TDI Cooling / Radiator Fan coming on

Hi all,

I've got a Seat Ibiza 1.4 TDI 07 Plate, Nice wee car only its developed a bit of an electrical problem. The cooling fan was staying on constantly despite the car being turned off.

Didn't matter weather it had been running for a while or not, it would just stay on and drain the battery.

Disconnected the Temp switch on the RAD to see if it would go off, however it stayed on therefore i think that switch is ok. We therefore decided it was the fan control module on the chassis leg, therefore got a 2nd hand one from a breakers yard and fitted that.

It appeared to resolve the issue, fan not staying on any more, going on and off with the car in traffic, aircon button turning the fan on and off. All fine so we though.

However, It appears that (At least i think) the fan is still randomly coming on. Car battery has been drained it self over the last couple of weeks - and i expect the fan is coming on overnight, however i've yet to prove this.

Does anyone know if this is a common issue or seen anything like this before?

Just to further my diagnostics, I've taped up the fan with a bit of red tape - Therefore will be able to see if it moves over night.

Additionally checked the draw from the battery which is currently at 0.4A, This seems like quite a lot - Any ideas what i could be?

Thanks in advanced.

Joe

Rides
    What you need to do is pull the fuses one by one until the draw drops (think it should be less than 0.1A) You will then know what circuit to investigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Thanks Mark.

I though that would be the case! I wasn't sure if 0.4A was too much!

Thanks

Joe.