Thread: 180sx engine, S15 chassis

Rides

180sx engine, S15 chassis

I'm not sure if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything specific to my question so here it goes.

I have a 99 Silvia S15 N/A and I decided to go turbo. A friend of mine has a 1997 180sx which he dropped a forged engine into so I took the oppertunity to buy his very low mileage Sr20det (non-vvt) blacktop engine.

My question is can I simply buy a complete S14/S15 exhaust side (waterneck for turbo coolant, Turbo, manifold, turbo inlet and outlet etc.) and have no issues with alignment or anything else?

Also is there anything else i should know as I don't know of any non-vvt S15 conversions that have been done (e.g. which engine loom should be used, 180sx or S15?)

I won't be half assing this either, I plan on buying genuine and brand new on any/all parts for reliablity

Cheers

Rides
    you are correct, use an s14a/s15 turbo setup.

you want to use the 180sx engine wiring loom and splice the s15 abs loom into it to keep your dash working

Rides
    If you're not half assing it, get a Spec R engine, loom and ECU and it's a straight fit. You should get decent money back for the engine you currently have.
    Member 504

Rides
    @green_rs13 Perfect, much appreciate the info

@Mitch I won't find one of them too easy in this country and the engine i bought has less than 70k km's on it which i'm happy with (besides, i prefer non vvt)

Rides
    Fair enough, you'll want to splice the two looms together if you want the ABS and speedo to work, as your man GreenRS13 says.
    Member 504

Rides
    No problem, thanks for that