Thread: FOR SALE: Mazda Mx5 Silver Mk2.5 (NB2) 2003 1.6

Rides

FOR SALE: Mazda Mx5 Silver Mk2.5 (NB2) 2003 1.6

My Mazda is up for sale, after 3 years of being a daily work car. £900 OVNO

LOCATION: Stratford, London. VIEWINGS: Evening/Weekends. CONTACT: 07957426111

UPDATE: MOT and Tax till August 2015, but tax rules means its pointless me mentioning, as new tax will need to be applied for by new owner.

NOTE; XXR Alloys will not be coming with the car unless you pay the additional for them. Separate Add will go up for these. £500 with the car which will be discounted to listed selling price. Will come with the standard 15’ alloys.

I worked 27 miles from home, so it was used to do the 54 miles daily to and from work, and any other miles from day to day shopping etc. Bought the car on 114k but the mileage is now 165k. Car was serviced by me every 8k-9k or so, new spark plugs, oil, and oil filter. Have a HKS style filter relocated to driver side, which is washable. Used mostly Fully Synth 5w-30 or 5w-40 as it’s the same oil I used in my Nissan 200sx, up until the last service where I used 10w-40 semi. Purely because I had loads of the oil purchased a bundle of Castrol GTX so just using it up.

Car is a CAT D Insurance Listed, was before I bought it, but was cheap enough to risk buying it then. Further investigations identified that the damage was to the driver’s door, was repaired before I bought it and isn’t visible to the eye now.

Biggest issue I had and have dealt with is mostly rust, spent a vast fortune replacing rusting bits and repairing rusty panels on the car. Good news for a new owner. Both sills were done 1.5 years ago, and some welding in the engine bay, rear arches were grinded down and painted and protected, with POR15 after cleaning and marine clean. Still need the underside cleaned and undersealed again IMO, which was on my to-do list after the rear arch lips. As the car was my daily, I could only really afford the car being worked on, on the weekends. So work on the car took time and somewhat of a slow process. Bootlid has rust and will need replacing, tried repairing but it was pointless as the welding would have cost more than a replacement bootlid, so already have a spare bootlid that is rust free, but is different colour hence never got round to painting and fitting, will be going up for sale separately, or you can take with car at additional cost (I want £50 for it which is what it cost me).

Most of the work was done by Dal at DAL Performance, which most might not be familiar with, but might be if you’re on the SXOC, As he works a fair bit on my Nissan as well as all cars in the family.

Only issue with the car at the minute is the clutch has just began to slip a little, I can supply a Exedy clutch with the car (I changed the clutch to a Stage 1 F1 Racing some 2 years ago now and the Exedy that came out the car was near enough new so seems the previous owner had changed it fairly recently but didn’t do the clutch release bearing which was needed, hence me doing it all again). The clutch release bearing needs to be done again also, as it rattles a little when not engaged and on acceleration.

Work/Mods done

Cambelt, Water pump, Thermostat, Aux belts (all Continental/Gates) done at 148k
    Viper CAT 1 Pager Alarm with Proximity sensor Security system (cost me £400 to buy & fit)
    Rocker Cover Gasket at 148k
    Engine Bay striped, cleaned and POR15 in Gloss black.
    New Second key from Mazda (Cost £150, only got one key when I bought the car and thought it wise to keep a spare key, but being the mk2.5 I had no choice but to go to the stealers)
    Raceland Coilovers
    ARB Droplinks replaced 4k miles ago
    Gearlever Shift Boot Package, Genuine Mazda, MX5 (replaced cracked rubber)
    Toyo Sport 3” twin Stainless Steel Exhaust Back box
    Rear Discs and Pads done 3k miles ago
    New Rear nearside calliper replaced
    HEL Braided Brake Lines (RED)
    Driftworks Clutch Braided Line
    Front Discs/Pads and Brand new Callipers (Sprayed in HT Red) done 7k ago, pads probably could do with a change now.
    F1 Racing Lightened 9lb Flywheel
    F1 Racing Stage 1 Clutch
    Clutch Release bearing and Flywheel bearing replaced with clutch.
    Gearbox rear oil seal replaced.
    IL Motorsport Clutch Slave Cylinder
    IL Motorsport Stiffer Engine Mounts
    Harddog ACE Side Braced Roll bar (Hardtop and Soft top with Glass Compatible.) (May still remove if I don’t get my asking price)
    HKS Style Induction Kit
    Mad Drift style cool yo Lucozade Bottle Catch can (lol)
    FLI 8” Components Speakers in Door
    FLI 6.5” Speakers Rear Shelf Mounted
    Vibe Bass Sound deadening used to improve sound in car (doors and rear shelf).
    Hard top Frankenstein bolts and Brackets attached
    Speaker wire upgraded to a thicker high rated AWG for the door and rear speakers
    JVC Phono Cables and power cables in place for slim line sub behind passenger seat (Sub won’t be included with car)
    Loads of bits that I can’t recall at the minute.
    Exhaust mid section replaced 1k miles away.
    Post Cat Lambda Sensor replaced with Bosch sensor after Engine Management light came on.
    Arches rolled by Pablo at Archenemy to fit my ET0 wheels. Front were also, (dink appeared in front arches from roling).

Car has paint chips, scratched, arches are rust bubling, there are rust patches on the car still on the surface, few dinks in the bodywork. Glass has two small stone chips that were resin repaired, but still visible, passed MOT. Its a car that has 165k, used daily for local and motorway journeys. its more then 10 years old, so isnt mint, but like to think price reflects this.

Will be advertising loads of parts that I have, Hardtop, Hardtop stand, Body kit, skirts, rear spats, duck tail spoiler. Rain deflectors for hardtop, stainless steel water tank, chassis braces, poly bush kit for whole car, HID Kits, so keep eyes peeled for that.

Excuse the dusty inside pics, had just washed the outside, inside was done after the pics.
    Further Pics available on request.

PM for further details and contact.

Last edited by gonzomagic; 11-12-2014 at 13:30.

Rides
    Contact no added

Rides
    Now on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251811219924

Auction, and will let it go for whatever it finished on.

Rides
    Last day, finishes tomorrow noon ish.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251811219924
    Last edited by gonzomagic; 06-02-2015 at 14:10.

Rides
    Had to relist due to timewaster. Complete pee'd off. eBay is naff sometimes.

Back up for sale.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251844108227

Rides
    Watched on eBay.

Interested in a MX5.

Rides

Rides
    Final bump. Few hours left.

Rides
    Into the last hour, billy bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251844108227

Rides
    Even being winter I don't understand why this hasn't sold. Hope it goes soon

Rides
    Says that ^^^^^ checks the advert and it's sold lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Says that ^^^^^ checks the advert and it's sold lol
    As long as he doesn't get messed about again by the buyer.

If I had anywhere to keep it I would of had it.
    bovvered?