Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which low cost Tablet?

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    Buying a min. of two of these now, thanks to ary's thread & sideways14' review, so doff of caps to yews. A niece & a Godson will be thanking the Sox on the 25th! Sort of temted at a 3rd for myself, just not sure if it'll ever really get used... Bought a shonky Polaroid branded job a while back cos it was pocket calculator cheap, & it's never left its box.

Ta,
    R.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    You come across as someone who has a hatred towards anything Apple

It's nothing of the sort. at 326 Pixels per inch. from normal viewing distance, the human eye cannot pick out individual pixels. The reason why other phone / tablet displays stand out has very little to do with the number of pixels.

From my experience, most Apple haters are as much sheep as the Apple fan-boys they despise so much.
    Erm, no.

Ppi of all iPad retinas is 264. Please get your facts right before being condescending

If I had the spare cash I would have just bought an iPad air instead of this hudl2 that's stuck in a loop of trying and failing to update.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    There is a reason why the hudl2 is cheep, its because of intel.

Intel is dumping vast sums of wonga into the market to get its chips in a lot of things, they basically give away the kit (sometimes a lot more than that) to get market penetration (ooer)

I suspect the hudl2 is down to this as you would really struggle to build this thing and sell it at a decent profit margin for <£200...
    The reason why the HUDL is cheap is it's a loss leader for Blinkbox

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesx13 View Post
    Erm, no.

Ppi of all iPad retinas is 264. Please get your facts right before being condescending

If I had the spare cash I would have just bought an iPad air instead of this hudl2 that's stuck in a loop of trying and failing to update.
    You forgot the Mini Retina. More than 264

The original Retina specs of 325 is what I was going on, from the iPhone

Its not a scam. Apple just choose to make money from their devices, when other manufacturers choose not to

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    Its not a scam. Apple just choose to be massively greedy with their devices, when other manufacturers cannot because they dont have plebs falling over themselves to waste money
    Fixed that

Rides
    I bought a toshiba encore 8 recently not bad for $178 only down side i found so far apart from being a windows os is the small 25gb memory but with the one drive and cloud tech and the expandable memory its easy over come. My ten 10c

Rides
    Had to exchange my hudl for one that worked, all sorted now and I'm very surprised by how good it is. Lighting fast, brilliant screen, good sound and dare I say it I'm so far preferring its dimensions to the 10" tablet I have - highly recommended.

Rides
    Well we just got one for the lad for 35.00 got to love tesco boost points :-)

Rides
    Must have had a lot for only 35 notes.

Stupid value for money though, just bonkers.

Rides
    Yea we had £48 before the boost :-) got a case at the same time .