Thread: Anyone know of a good welder around leicester area and help with a guestimate price

Rides

Anyone know of a good welder around leicester area and help with a guestimate price

Bought the car a month or so ago and the was some paint blistering under the rear end sills but didn't look much ,decided to have a good look started removing the paint and there are some small holes ,one is the size of a 10p and a couple of ones the size of a 5pm, also the jacking rail isn't looking great
    I'd like the whole area cut out and fresh welded in as if it's started its gunna spread like a virus

Does anyone know a good welder around Leicester area don't wanna pay a fortune but will pay for a good job

Last one does anyone care to estimate cost for repair

Thanks

Rides
    It really depends what you want full resto will cost alot but if your not too worried about it all matching underneath then it's a lot cheaper.

The problem you will have is it will be much worst once you start cutting i would think around 300-500 quid or 1000+ for a real good resto job.

Rides
    I'd like it to look okay on the bottom but I just want it cutting out and being structurally good more than anything,I'm really hoping it's not to bad when bits start getting cut out but I'm not gunna know till its started

Rides
    You could try drift garage in Burton on Trent might be a bit of trek but they do know there S body's

http://driftgarage.co.uk/sample-page/

Rides
    Il give them a ring and get an estimate don't mind a little drive out

Rides
    Again a good drive but these people get good reviews

http://www.wrightons-garage.co.uk/

Rides
    the sills are double skinned there. the 'inner skin' is where the inner rear quarter comes down and joins to the inner sill/outer sill. you have to remember these places rust from the inside outwards, usually its a build up of debris inside that rots it out.

whats it like on the back near the rear jacking point?

Rides
    Yeah this was mine both sides the same:floor

Rides
    Give me a PM, just had mine done. It was worse than swiss cheese. The 14a are tripple layered. Cost me £1200 but WELL worth it with brand new sills in and out all the way along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I paid £1000 very shortly after purchasing my S14. Pis*ed off was not the word but it was better than scrapping it. Was originally quoted about £400 but when they started digging it amounted to a lot more work. Needed inner and outer sills but at least its done now. Just the rest of the car rusting around my sills now lol

That was using a local garage in Sileby called Swains. The guy used to have a 300ZX twin turbo so he has a passion for Jap cars although that car nearly killed him!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=swains+sileby
    Last edited by Ruff; 27-11-2014 at 15:13.

Rides
    I've got a guy having a look tomorow now the sills have turned up to give me an estimate so I'm hoping it's not gunna be to painful