Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi! Kinda new S13 owner!!

Rides

Hi! Kinda new S13 owner!!

Hi guys! When I say kinda new S13 owner I mean I've owned her for nearly 2 months now, but I've only actually seen her about 3 times! Work drags me away alot!

I was recently away in Germany bored one night and come across a nice chap selling his S13 on DW! Thought it was a good deal really as it come with a bunch of spare parts and a full manual conversion kit! Happy days! So set the ball into motion about getting this car collected from somewhere near London, and brought up to Warwick whilst I was in Germany. Took about two weeks, but the car arrived at my house the day after I got back! Yaaayyyy!

Bit of a sore sight though!

What a lovely shade of pink! Sprayed directly over the top of its old gunmetal grey ish colour!
    Half a boot, a cracked windscreen and a dented wing too! I was told there was a bit of rust damage to the boot but it's pretty far gone I think! The wing he told me about and I forgot! Haha the windscreen was a surprise though, anyone know how much an S13 windscreen will cost to be replaced??
    And the eagle eyed of you will notice that that front wheel doesnt have all its wheel nuts! Infact, of the two it has in that picture, only one is actually holding it on!
    Luckily it comes with a new hub
    I'll be starting a project thread on this soon hopefully so keep your eyes peeled, and when I get her on the road I hope to be bringing her to a few meets in/around Warwick and Cardiff areas (yes two very different locations, I know! Hence the 320d daily!)

Cheers for having me!!

Rides
    Oh and before I forget, CA18 flywheel bolts are M10x1.0 right? My complete conversion kit isnt quite complete! Missing half a prop, starter and flywheel bolts! And I know Nissan charge about £7 a bolt, or I can get M10x1.0 flywheel bolts from other manufacturers (Land Rover Freelander 1.8 flywheel uses M10x1.0) alot cheaper??
    Is it safe to get a flywheel shot blasted?
    And of course! Does anyone know where I can buy sills from in the Midlands? Hahaha!

Rides
    Hello and welcome it seems like a good base and bits can be done to it

flywheel can be shot blasted, but normally just get the face skimmed if the old clutch plate has worn the face unevenly/grooved
    rust can be cleaned off with a wire brush tbh save on shot blasting costs

stock nissan bolts (yep they are m10x1.0) will be fine and probs cheapest at £7 each but try LR may be cheaper,need check they are same length
    can get ARP bolts stronger and reusable,have to google search for a supplier,the ford pinto rs2000/seirra etc used same bolt

Sills were being made by someone on here but will need PM him as not sure if still on going
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...ighlight=sills

Rides
    Yep! Will be a brilliant car when done not just another skid car I want her to be a show car
    The flywheels just rusty if I can brush that off then ill do that will keep me occupied for longer haha
    Yeah I got really excited about the LR bolts but their UHL is 0.87 and the CA18/SR20 ARP bolts are 1.15 I think (roughly) so much longer of well off to Nissan I go! Tgat said ill have a look at the fords first see if their is a difference in price just because of the car name
    Thankyou! I was searching for that thread for ages that I sae a while back but couldnt find it for love nor money so figured it had come down for whatever reason! Ive been hitting the underside with a lump hammer and only about 1ft of sill creamed in so most of her is fairly solid... but need to get her on a ramp to have a proper look

Rides
    Cool glad to read you don't intend to skid it to death, jonny wilkinson and petrol will be impressed at the show car theme
    and yep have a good look all over the car for potential rusty areas before you start spending ££££'s on shiney bits
    seen too many build threads were people spend loads on engines suspension etc,then find its more rusty than the 1st glance revealed

my ARP flywheel bolts are the ford pinto version with UHL of 29mm or 1,142 ",ARP part No 151-2801
    the Pinto used only 6 bolts for flywheel,but I found a supplier who split up a set of 6 and sold me 8 cheaper than the proper CA18 set
    but I can't remember who it was.need go through my receipt's and will report back if you want to go with ARP's

Rides
    I imagine arp will be cheaper than oem and probably stronger too so if you wouldn't mind! Thanks

Rides
    Hello, nice 13 you have there. Can't wait to see the project thread.

Rides
    Just found the receipt they were £42 delivered in jan 2013 from these people
    http://stores.ebay.com/xpower-engine...sub=1865019013
    you will have to message them and tell them what you are after,I had to if I recall
    my receipt lists them as cosworth YB200 ARP flywheel bolts but was a pinto rs2000 packet with the extra 2 bolts selotaped to the packet
    CA crank is 8 bolt but they sent me 9 bolts for some reason

Rides
    Cheers mate, now I know what my mom can get me for xmas haha!

Rides
    I've a suspicion I have a set in my box of bolts. I'll check over the weekend if you like.

If I do have them I can do them for a tenner plus 3 quid postage.

Looks alright but its going to be hard to find the arch liners and a decent respray to replace the current job is going to cost a few grand unless you know someone.

Rides
    If you do I will love you forevrr Jonny!!

Its not gonna be a quick turn around this is gonna be a long term project.. I wajt it road legal and movable as im planning to move house early next year but after that... I have a bmw for daily driving so it can go into the garage and I can sort out the bodywork

I have a mate thats capable of spraying but I want it show finish so im not worried about paint costs.. I have plenty of time to save

Rides
    I thought I has a set but I was wrong... I have two sets the bolt length is 29.something mm with a 9.5 mm collar before the thread starts, yes ?

Rides
    Im not 100% sure hopefully someone else knows. Ive never even seen a CA18 flywheel bolt
    I think I remember someone saying it was about 30mm long

Rides
    Stock nissan bolt is some like around 29mm Under Head Length,the automatic has loads shorter bolts as only holding a thin flex plate
    I've read a few times the stock bolts don't like being reused and can shear when being re-torqued
    kind of why I went for the ARP bolts,not that I intend to remove my flywheel often tbh
    more say I don't really want the flywheel flying off my engine because I used old bolts

Rides
    Im sure the ones I have are the right size. They're not stretch bolts nor especially brittle and there is nothing I've seen in the manual to say "do not reuse". Up to you though chippy, pm me if interested.

Rides
    Looks like a good project you might of done this already but go around the car and write a list so go underneath it just poke it all with a big screw driver also do the same inside lift the carpet and get poking.

Nothing worst than taking it apart time and time again to fix another fault you have the found.

Withnthat in mind maybe a Sr20diet conversion might be up your street.
    Last edited by -ghost-; 23-11-2014 at 09:00.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Looks like a good project you might of done this already but go around the car and write a list so go underneath it just poke it all with a big screw driver also do the same inside lift the carpet and get poking.

Nothing worst than taking it apart time and time again to fix another fault you have the found.

Withnthat in mind maybe a Sr20diet conversion might be up your street.
    Why ruin a perfectly good car by sticking a wet fart of an engine in it ?

Rides
    I was thinking more along the RB line anyways but gonna wait for the CA to die first

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Why ruin a perfectly good car by sticking a wet fart of an engine in it ?
    I like srs cheap, parts cheap and easy power.

I don't like rbs ether too heavy. V8 time.

Rides
    I wont be looking for big power. I want a nice looking car that sounds nice and is fairly quick... 350/400 bhp will be plenty enough shes not gonna be a race car or skidder.. the S13 has been the wallpaper on my laptops since I was about 15 shes a dream car really haha