Thread: S12 suspension

Rides

S12 suspension

Hi,
    I'm possibly picking up an S12 in a week or so, it has a few power mods but nothing at all done to the suspension. I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells shocks & lowering springs or anything to tighten up the suspension a bit, I've heard stock S12s are shocking! Does anyone know of anywhere that still sells something like this? I don't really want to go down the S13 conversion route as I'm on a budget at the moment and might as well keep the S13 if I do that.
    Cheers

Rides
    Not much out there suspension wise mate. I've use e36 BMW cut springs front and rear for lowering, they are quite a bit stiffer than the s12 springs too but not perfect. There's weld on coilover conversions, s13 conversions too. All in all, not straight forward but achievable.

Rides
    Take a look here mate.
    http://s12silvia.com/community/topic...s-and-options/

I am using BC coilovers which are a big improvement. However not if you are on a tight budget. You can also easily make a S13 front strutbar (top) fit to your s12. Only need to remake the mounts which connect the bar to the mounting plate on the strut.

Rides
    Cheers for the replies, due to funds I don't think I can make a S12 into what I want so I'll probably stick to S13s for now. I do love a nice looking S12 though...

Rides
    I've just acquired an S12 that been abandoned half way through a tidy up so going to put everything back on it and see what happens. It's got HKS shocks that have been modified to fit