Thread: New 200sx owner from Maldon, Essex

Rides

New 200sx owner from Maldon, Essex

Hi Guys (and Girls!)

My name is James and im from maldon in Essex. I've always admired 200sx's in all their shapes and sizes, and after someone at work told me he was going to sell his I couldn't resist.

I went to see the car on Friday evening. It is on 87k with a full service history, 2 previous owners and has always been looked after (the old guy I bought it off even left me a post-it telling me to warm it up/ cool it down before and after driving it!). It was an MOT fail due to a blown rear shock but I don't mind, just gives me an excuse to upgrade It is an auto, but I just see it as a chance to convert it and make it a bit more mine by doing some proper work on it!

Here's a picture of the car as it stands now:

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/ja...tml?sort=3&o=0

I got it home on Saturday afternoon and love it Best of all I paid 2 grand, which seems to be a good price judging by eBay prices at the moment. I gave it a thorough clean, clay, machine polish and wax and it looks good, apart from some fade here and there which should be sorted soon.

Hopefully I will get to know you and your cars and maybe see you at some meets in future

And if anyone has any tips for the manual conversion just throw them my way!

James

Rides
    Welcome to the club and enjoy your new purchase.
    You're local meet is here http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/forumdisplay...Essex-amp-Kent should you wish to come and join us

Rides
    Ill have to come along to the next one, I used to live in Sandon right near there, used to drink in there with friends

Rides
    Whoop whoop, welcome to the club! Nice car dude

Rides
    Welcome to the amazing world of S body ownership! Do you have much planned for the car?

Rides
    Thanks very much, ive been reading through some of the threads on here and its amazing what some people have done to their cars! its inspiring

The car was covered in grime when I got it after sitting for a year, but after a good clean and a polish it now looks much better!

I plan to convert it to manual first, with a decent clutch and braided line etc. After that I'd ideally like about 250 - 300 HP, all depends on money at the time really, being an apprentice it takes a bit longer to save up for things! It is a project though so ill be taking it slow and being very particular, its SORNed atm so I can get quite a bit done in the garage over the winter, like servicing and undersealing it this weekend I'm still after ideas though so im totally open to suggestions for mods or aesthetics!

Rides
    WTTC and potential financial ruin

Rides
    haha thanks

Rides
    Maff_1991 is in Chelmsford and a similar position to you but with an s13. Steve109 is also a recently exstudent doing mega things with his car. Check their threads out. The principles of effective mods carries across all 200s and bring it along to a meet in the spring. It would be nice to gave a look. Whatever its like, you got a bargain at 2k !

Rides
    I'll make a point of checking them out now

Id love to bring it out but I doubt I will be insured on it then, my insurance runs out in may so it will most likely be then.

Initially i was going to pay £500, but one of the guys co-workers offered him £1800 at lunch the day i went to view it but as you say it was a bargain at 2k! no rust at all and a mint interior, well happy

Rides
    I'm tempted to offer to buy it off you, run it til May then sell it back to you for what I buy it from you for

I'm looking for something to use over the winter.

You get the suspension fixed for free and an MOTed car ready for May when you are ready to insure it - I get a fun car for the winter

Rides
    As good as that sounds I think ill pass, I'm doing my manual conversion in the time between now and May, as well as getting any dodgy paint sorted and hopefully getting a few other bits added to make it a bit more fun

However if your ever around Maldon your welcome to drop in and take a look, I could do with a few pointers on where to start! haha