Thread: Auto to Manual wiring (again)

Rides

Auto to Manual wiring (again)

Hey guys,

- Before I start I've tried searching for this before everyone goes mad at me, If I've missed the relevant thread a link would be great if its not a problem -

Anyway, I'm looking to do an auto to manual swap, im pretty cool with the mechanical side of the job, but the wiring is confusing me.

My main questions are;

If I were to use a manual gearbox loom, attached to the rest of the auto loom as many people seem to have done, will I need to rewire the speed sensor/ PNP switch/ reverse lights or will the work straight away pugged into the new loom?

Also, what would I need to do to install a manual ecu? the car is a 1998 auto s14a touring, UK spec. Ive read alot about getting them flashed in etc and its confused me even more :P

Thanks in advance for any help, i really do appreciate it

James

Rides
    On my s15 I used the engine side of the auto loom (the part that plugs in by the fusebox) and then soldered the manual gearbox side to the auto loom was plug and play and everything worked, think the were only 3 wires I had to connect, not sure if that's the same for the s14/a as the s15 has the speed sensor in the diff.

Rides
    Oh and I just used the auto ecu worked fine.

Rides
    That's what I hope to do, id rather buy the manual loom than have to rewire the auto one. Just wanted to see if it will work.

As far as the speed sensor goes im unsure, hopefully someone else will be able to confirm that for me.

Thanks for your help mate