Thread: Power fc information

Rides

Power fc information

I have a power fc d jetro and all the model numbers seem to tie up for my car a 95 uk s14, after reading several threads I'm confused to say the least.
    I tried to use the search feature but looking at all L the various threads it just confuses me more as most contradict each other.

Do I need to repin the ecu as it's a Japanese product designed for a jdm car?

If I've read the manual correctly the pin it tells me to put the air temp sensor into is blank?

Is there a site with the ecu layouts for each of the S bodies?

I can map and have done loads of the apexi units but they have always been fitted already by the owners.

Thanks in advance guys
    Wayne

Rides
    You just plug it straight in, no need to change any of the pins.

Yes, you need a spare bit of wire for the air temp sensor, you can take one of the AFM wires out and use that.

Rides
    I thought it was plug and play but other threads contradicted this.

I plugged it in earlier and turned the ignition on (but didn't start it) and the commander lit up with the apexi logo the goes out, that's it nothing else from the commander?

Any ideas?

Rides
    Freeze on Apexi logo = wrong commander

Rides
    I have an SR2D19 pfc with a commander of FCC3 have had information that these match?

Rides
    The power fc also came with a boost control valve and as I understand it it plugs straight to the original loom of the boost solenoid? Mine however didn't have the adaptor plug between the two. Any ideas what the colours are to make my own loom between the two?

Rides
    Don't bother with the apex add on boost controller they are very lacking.

Rides
    It came with the ecu and will only be having a light tune at the moment until bigger things happen over the winter so it will be fine for now until it is replaced later on.

It's the commander that concerns me though as according to the information I have it should be the right one. I turn the ignition on, apexi logo appears then the screen stays little but blank?

Rides
    Just make sure everything is plugged in properly and try again.

The boost control kit is adequate, but doesn't allow a great deal of configuration. It'll do you for the time being

I'll go check the the solenoid wiring colours for you later

Rides
    The colours would be very helpful and your right for the level of tune it will be fine for now.

Do you think the commander would hang if I had accidently forgotten to remove the afm plug :-/

Rides
    Right double checked and triple checked all wiring and tried again.

I had thought that maybe the commander was going into a safe mode as I forgot to unplug the maf :-/

The only left for me to do is locate a pin for the empty slot for the air temp sender, the maf pin as suggested is too big.

I have taken pictures of the model numbers just to make sure they tie up.

Rides
    Right found a few helpful links and numbers tie up so tested the cables in the commander as others have had this fault with broken wires.
    All cables were fine so got on to my import company and they are sending another commander

Fingers crossed this will sort my issue.

Any information on finding a spare pin small enough for the air temp sender pin in the ecu would be great. Also the boost solenoid colours so i can make a loom to run the boost control will be wicked.

Rides
    There will be a redundant wire on the ECU that you can remove and use for the air temp sensor.

This is the loom for the solenoid:

Rides
    Ben sir you are a leg end!! That pic helps I can work it out from that

Any ideas on a pinout diagram for this ecu, i have searched like crazy in the forums and Google images. I can find similar but not the same?

Rides
    Still in need of a ecu pinout diagram if any one can help?

Rides
    Should be one in the useful threads sticky at the top of this forum.

Rides
    Hope you won't feel insulted by this question but you are following the install instructions, yes ? i.e. disconnecting the battery before plugging the commander into the ECU, the ECU to the big connector, reconnect battery and then turn ignition on and disable immobiliser ?

I only ask to double check and as you said you'd not done an install before.

Rides
    I never feel insulted by genuine ideas and feed back but yes I did, I had been through the install process three or four times to make sure it wasn't me doing something stupid. The commander issue is sorted now, looks like it was a dead one from my supplier in Japan.
    Just the last pin to sort for the air temp sensor and I'm good to start mapping the beaut.

Thanks for all the help on this you guys are top!