Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Years on now

Rides
    Ash I'm doing Mental Health Advocacy. I eventually want to be able to work in secure hospitals and prisons etc.
    I feel like I'm giving something back as I got a lot out of the system when I needed it.
    Cheers to everyone else. I got a lot of support here just when I needed it

Rides
    I just saw this update. Glad to hear you are getting on well.

Massive thanks for the advice you gave regarding my mate. He is now on the mend, although it's taking time. He was diagnosed with PTSD eventually.
    He is actually considering something similar, looking at volunteer work to start with.

All the best for the future.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Asht_200 View Post
    I think what Rude has done is extraordinary. Not only has he pulled himself back up, but documenting his experience has certainly raised awareness of what depression and illness can be like and also how it can be treated. Hats off to you Rude and well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This! you really have done well mate! i know several people who suffer from depression and they have just about got their medication right after 2 years, let alone turned their whole life around! its good to see that you've come out the other side, grabbed life by the happy sack and made yourself happy again! good on ya fella!
    Last edited by craftygoblin; 08-03-2015 at 11:02. Reason: typo

Rides
    Still going!
    Last woman turned out to be a bit of a bunny boiler once the intensity of a new relationship started to settle into something more steady. I find myself single again but I'm really not bothered. I enjoy doing my own thing at my own pace. No one to answer to.
    An old mate of mine from school recently got in touch with me with an offer of paid work. We're still sorting out what's what and how the whole thing will work but its part time so it means I get off (some) of my benefits and still gives me time to pursue my study and voluntary work. It'll be nice to actually earn something that I've worked for instead of it all being a hand out.
    Life is once again pretty good.

Rides
    Was it you i saw at Boreham over the weekend. Cant be many Black Stags with GTR rims in South Essex
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Yeah I was over that way. Visiting the rents