Thread: s14a dieing/won't start problem

Rides

s14a dieing/won't start problem

Hi, so I have a problem with my s14a, I can get it to start. Then after a couplem inutes of idling it just dies on me, after that it won't start or start very hard.. like in going around a couple times then you hear it trying to start, starts up and then after a couple minutes it dies again. Sometimes it won't start at all anymore..

first I thought it was a power to ECU problem.. but then I ran wires straight from the battery to the ECU with a fuse in between the connection ofcourse. But that didn't solve the problem.

I really ran out of ideas tbh, after that I thought about the shitty alarm thats malfunction lately, so I decided to remove that, did it, still the same problem..

Anyone know what this can be ?

When I turn the ignition on, my fuel pump starts, but when it should stop after a couple seconds, I hear it stop and turn on again instantly and it'll stay on forever, so no ECU signal I guess ?

My setup:

Sr20det
    Tomei M7960 turbo
    Oem manifold
    Hks ssqv 4
    Greddy front mount
    Apexi power intake
    LINK G4 ecu
    Oem injectors
    Walbro 255lph pump

Rides
    First punt I'd suggest fpr, the pump will prime till the system gets up to pressure, if it doesn't get there it'll stay on.
    Alternatively the pumps not working as it should and not pumping enough fuel or a blocked line/filter not allowing enough flow.

Rides
    So uou think it's in the fuel system ? Interesting, I'll check that. I automatically assumed it was in the electrical circuit somewhere since the ECU seems to just stop working

Rides
    I only say fuel pump because it's not turning off, Im not 100% positive but I don't think there's any electrics involved in the priming of the fuel system, but there could be, don't know what turns the pump off when it reachrs pressure?

Rides
    Pumps prime on a timer when ignition is turned on, this is controlled electronically by the ecu.

After this when the ecu gets a signal that the engine is turning ie from cas or crank sensor the ecu will switch the pump on.

Rides
    I would try spraying carb cleaner in the intake and see if it runs fine, if it does the it's fuel related.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by redsx94! View Post
    Pumps prime on a timer when ignition is turned on, this is controlled electronically by the ecu.

After this when the ecu gets a signal that the engine is turning ie from cas or crank sensor the ecu will switch the pump on.
    Did know this, good to though

Rides
    Two minutes.

Two minutes is approximately the time it takes for a cold engine to become a warm engine.

I think your temperature sensor is FUBAR and always thinks it is cold.

Rides
    😅 still think the ECU is fooked, hope not.. but can't seem to connect the LINK to the laptop anymorr to check if somethings wrong.. I'll get some carb cleaner to try and start, and I'm gonna try and connect the link in another s14a if I find one lol. To see if that thing is fooked.

Rides
    Soo, tested the Link on a S15 Spec-r since the short ecu also fits that, still wasnt able to get inside the ECU and my tuner who is the importer for Link in Belgium and most of Europe even, can't seem to get it to link up with a computer..

So the ECU is having problems.. so I got an original s14a ECU and tried just starting my car on it, plugged the MAF back in and the o2 sensor (as the link runs off a map and wideband) plugged the vacuum line that goes to my MAP. The car started straight up, then it started stalling and it stalled. Pulled ECU codes and the strangest thing happens.. I get code 34 which is Knock Sensor and.. code 142 ??? I don't even think that code exists.. the only thing I could think about that is that it would be a NATS code for not having my key read in ? But wouldn't it just not even start if NATS was cutting it ??

Also when it stalled, the check engine light just kept on flashing fast, not a fault code but just continuous flashing..

Got almost no experience with this crap.. any help on it ??

Rides
    So I now found out that the code 142 is NATS Start Permission Code which I don't understand.. since it does start ?