Thread: Is this right??

Rides

Is this right??

I'm doing a Z32 caliper swap, and ABS delete.
    Ran new brake lines throughout.

I want to run a 3-port Z32 BMC, with two ports feeding the two front calipers and the last one running to the back with a T-piece at the rear to split into two lines.

do I need a balancing valve or anything?

Is this the correct BMC for the job?? I can't find any in the uk

Rides
    In doing lots of research on the z32bmc before i purchased mine literally a couple of weeks ago the three port is the super rare one (non abs) i got a 2 port one (abs bmc), so i need to run a t piece for the front brakes and the rear brakes are already split at the back arent they.

As you said with yours its just a case of two ports go to each front and one to the rear which splits at the back

Mike

Rides
    I got the 2 port version as well marked as 1 & 1/16 89>91 uk abs z32
    my 13 has a 2 port stock BMC uk '92 facelift and I've binned all the abs gubbins yonks ago so afaik its a straight swap

my reading turned up the z32 bmc modulates the rears in the bmc itself,but some say it needs the bigger z32 servo
    as the s13 servo is not big enough as in servo power so pedal is a bit firm to use?
    I was going to run it with z32/r32 gtr rear calipers and Ksport 8 pots and see how it goes
    as with my bigger calipers it may work ok?

And it took me ages to find one for a fair price,some chancers are asking £90 or more

I got a bit carried away cleaning it up as well
    crap pics but you get the idea https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...c3f29b50b4b665
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...ca58d93e360d41
    https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...15&oe=54B4FC01

Rides
    wow that is quite shiney

To be fair 90 for a decent BMC isn't too bad, it's just finding the right part.

Are the Skyline or Navara BM-50 master cylinders the same as the 300zx ones??

Rides
    Thank you my good man,polishing aluminum is one of my ocd sidelines
    try here for better priced bmc's (sometimes? as some are aware of the 200sx upgrade) http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/

the BM 50 is different not sure exactly,so I ruled it out of my search (iirc you will get a long pedal)
    there are 3 types of BM-57 afaik, I needed the biggest bore 2 port version at 1 1/16, 89>91 tt with abs

there is a 1 inch and a 15/16 version but not sure what models they were fitted too (N/A with no abs?)
    there was a thread on here with models and sizes etc but I think my recent guest status has limited my search

Rides
    Well smeg thats added to the confusion, so I should be fitting a 2-port BMC and running a T-piece on the front brake lines??

Digging around in the garage I found an old BM-57, it's kinda covered in shit and abit manky looking
    Is the rebuild hard?

Rides
    Pretty sure I used to have a 3 port one, from memory it had markings on it I.e. fl, fr and r for where the lines should go to. Was on a s14, the servo was ok, just had a lot of travel.
    Bmc re-builds are fairly easy, strip it, clean it and re-assemble the opposite to taking it apart, just replace the seals with new one's
    I happen to have a z32 servo for sale if anyone fancies it

Rides
    How do you tell which BMC is which, so I can get a rebuild kit from BiggRed or someone similar.

Mine has these markings

Attached Images Attached Images

Rides
    You've got the same pic twice, assume one was meant to be of the outlets?
    Couldn't say where you get the rebuild kits from, would of thought you could get the seals from anywhere once you know the size.

Rides
    No picture of the outlets, well it's got two of them??

How do you tell the size??

Rides
    When you strip it down just measure them or take them along to a shop and match them, might be a bit more work and hassle where as the kit would be nice and easy

I'll have a quick search though because I don't actually know what else comes in the kit!