Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to be on TV! "Don't tell the bride"

Rides

Going to be on TV! "Don't tell the bride"

I got married this year back in June, all whilst being recorded for the tv show 'Dont Tell The Bride.' Not sure if anyone watches the show but its going to be shown on 30th September 9pm on BBC3, of anyone is interested!

Rides
    Ha, yeah I get made to watch it sometimes, will look out for it! Tell me you used your S14a (if you had it then)?

Rides
    Haha yeah watching it too much is how I ended up on it lol and nope, I had it but the clutch was slipping really badly at the time so used the Leon instead!

Rides
    And marriage is going alright?

When I am forced to watch it alot of the couples seem very shaky and in the how they got on programme loads of them have got divorced.

Rides
    Marriage is going great! I know what you mean though, seems like a lot just rush into marriage to get on the show lol we were together for 5 years prior and got a son together so were pretty stable

Rides
    How much do you get to spend and can you do anything or do the crew sort of tell you what to do?

Rides
    £12000! Sounds like a lot but for a weddings it's pennies lol and nope no help at all, you have to come to them with ideas before hand and stick to it! The most they can do really is drive you to locations lol

Rides
    So i take it your misses told you I want this dress at this place and in invite these people and this food.

Rides
    Lol if only it was that easy! The dress I was limited on what shops I could go to due to filming permissions lol i can proudly say everything was my own ideas and I genuinely had no help from her with it! Too much of a risk, you'd have to pay back the 12k plus another 1k for each day they filmed if they suspect you'd done anything out of the rules

Rides
    Only thing I chose for our wedding was the engagement ring and she hated it. Lol. Been married for 21 yrs now.
    Don't envy you one bit having to organise the whole thing. I'll watch it with interest and will be my first time watching

Rides
    Hoping there will be more sleazy shots of your lass getting into her dress than you getting into your dress pants.

Will be tuning in for this.

Rides
    Could of had a sxoc convoy to the wedding followed by rolling burn outs and general hooliganism lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Ill definitely keep an eye out, I got married about 6 weeks ago myself and had a blast - found the key to successful planning is not to let the Missus, Mother or Mother in Law have anything to do with anything.
    I successfully booked 2 chateaus, accommodation for 60 people, food, entertainment, church, vicar, horse and carriage, music and arranged all of the drink ......... and they managed to get in a row over table decorations
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Will have a watch of this.

Rides
    Congratulations on your marriage Look forward to watching this, shame the SX didn't get any fame though haha.

Rides
    Just seen the trailer thing after this weeks DTTB, looks amazing! Can't wait 😜

Rides
    Will be watching it for sure, we're planning our wedding at the mo. ...well I say we, so far I've not had much say in things....
    Glad to hear things are still going well, do wonder about some of them especially when the grooms do some ridiculous things!
    Looking forward to it though, especially if you came up with some good ideas we can rip off

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    Ill definitely keep an eye out, I got married about 6 weeks ago myself and had a blast - found the key to successful planning is not to let the Missus, Mother or Mother in Law have anything to do with anything.
    I successfully booked 2 chateaus, accommodation for 60 people, food, entertainment, church, vicar, horse and carriage, music and arranged all of the drink ......... and they managed to get in a row over table decorations
    I'm taking the opposite approach, I have done absolutely jack all apart from gee my best man up to get me many strippers/brasses on the stag.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by rob192 View Post
    I'm taking the opposite approach, I have done absolutely jack all apart from gee my best man up to get me many strippers/brasses on the stag.
    From what I have seen, a bit of green is about all you two have in common. Good job you're not marrying each other

Rides
    You needed to sort that clutch! I'm not watching no Leon getting married!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!