Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1 Radio Messages

Rides
    I think they should have messages in MotoGP

Allowed Messages

1. Lean more yer big jessie, 58 degrees is nothing !
    2. See if you can put a nice tyremark up the leathers of your opponent/team mate
    3. Nurf your teammate off the track at will
    4. Fold the front, fall off then get back on again and finish on the podium
    5. Don't sit up yet, there is one more lap to go
    6. Please come in, you were black flagged 5 laps ago
    7. Stop now as your bike is on fire

Seriously, in MotoGP they have the ECUs programmed to back off the power so that the riders have enough fuel to finish the race. Its up to the rider to go fast early then lose power or conserve juice for a full power finish. The team's job is to put them on a bloody fast bike. Its the rider's job to make the most of it, work out tactics, push beyond the limits and stick their size 9 testes on the line.

If the duration of the race is really a team sport, take out the driver then its a real team sport and no-one needs get killed or injured.

Just my opinion

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I thought F1 was a team sport
    It is,

The team set the car up to win the race, the driver then drives that car to best of their ability with the team carrying out the pit stops and communicate to the driver using the pit boards and messages that are allowed. Its not like they have stopped all communication.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It is,

The team set the car up to win the race, the driver then drives that car to best of their ability with the team carrying out the pit stops and communicate to the driver using the pit boards and messages that are allowed. Its not like they have stopped all communication.
    I really don't see the problem, its not as if it is only available to a couple of teams or it cost loads of money.. Just look at the entertainment value it gives the viewers Kimi's remarks for one

I think the only change they should make is broadcast all radio messages between the pits and the car and let everyone hear what goes on..

Rides
    "the Jenson Button" - I laughed a little too hard at this one

Rides
    This is a good idea,it stops other teams and there team mates engineer listening in and picking up on where the drivers are slow, I still think they should bring back re fueling and proper tyres, if you look back to the 90's era when they had to re fuel and had decent tyres it was far more entertaining, surely with today's technology they could make it safer or move the filler flap away from the manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Stupid idea, either ban radios or allow any information and instructions in the communications.

It'll be entirely subjective if someone is talking in code or not.

"Oh a slight hesitation between words 6 and 7, that means fuel map 6."