Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Rides

Destiny

So who else has this? I got it yesterday not expecting too much was just a game to tide me over until Fifa 15 comes out. I thought I would play it for a couple of hours when I got home from work (3pm) roll on 1:30am and i'm still playing it I wish it would have been a launch game. To me it's a mixture of Halo (as you would expect from Bungie), Star Wars and Borderlands sounds like a strange mish mash but it all works very well the visuals are really good too i'm playing it on Xbox 1 so can imagine how good it will look on my pc if it comes out on PC. I never played the beta version and haven't even touched the multiplayer well competitive multiplayer. I can see myself sinking a ton of hours into this game

Rides
    It's EPIC brilliant visuals, fluent gameplay, good storyline etc etc etc

The pvp is well worth a shot, I spent most of my time doing that in the beta. Very addictive and apparently 10years is how long they want the game to last, big budgeting behind it apparently.

Rides
    This is going on my Xmas list with a PS4, hopefully be perfectly timed with me finished The Last Of Us of PS3!

Rides
    You won't regret it mate

Rides
    Damn you, I was saying I wouldn't like this and would prefer a DWYB ticket! Now i'm tempted.

Rides
    It's awesome-o

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Been considering this myself, still unsure I'll like it. I never played the Halo games and not a big fan of RPG type games. I hated Fallout3, as a great game, just didnt suit my gaming style.

Rides
    I should hope it is pretty good given the budget was so substantial. It's been reported as $500m including development, marketing, servers, future updates, etc.

Rides
    I would say it looks like halo but it plays a lot like boarderlands with the damage displays and leveling up your class and picking different abilites. I'm enjoying it so far.

Rides
    I thought Borderlands was shit, am I not going to like this?

Is it true that if you don't have PS Plus on PS4 then it's effectively single player?

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    D.p.

Rides
    I thought Borderlands was shizzle and for kiddies, didn't really like Halo either so I'm worried that I won't like this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    I thought Borderlands was shit, am I not going to like this?

Is it true that if you don't have PS Plus on PS4 then it's effectively single player?

Rides
    Its not bad

Rides
    meh

Rides
    Well I finally bit the bullet last week and picked up a PS4. DLed the Destiny demo as I'd seena few reviews saying it was a bit lI ear and formulaic. I was hooked in just one afternoon!

Bought the full game three days later and that's the end of me, Mrs *** was less than impressed when she caught still up playing it at 4:20 this morning!

Rides
    I've played over 300 hours. Please send help.

Rides
    I've really enjoyed this game but I have found the story isn't very well explained and the nature of the level designs, while amazing, is very repetitive.

It's definitely going to be expanded many, many times over its life and it feels a bit short because of it. But it could be the start of a new Halo epic. Just might cost a fortune to get through.

Rides
    Yeah, you can see where they're holding stuff back to sell at a later stage that was clearly designed to be in the game from the start. The first two DLCs are already on the bloody disc!

Having said that, they spent a fortune making it. The servers run well generally and they are in it to make money.

I've always looked at games oats against what I'd spend on a night out. This cost me £30 for the disc, £20 for the first DLC plus the PS+ costs. All in well under a hundred quid and it's given me hours and hours of fun. No complaints here.

If anyone is on PS4 and fancies doing VoG or Crotas End drop me a line and mention SXOC, my PSN ID is *****_1_

Rides
    I'll add you dude, got 2 level 31s and often doing crota and vault plus the usual nightfalls etc.

I'm seriously obsessed with this game, got it on release day and still play it every single day......

Ps4/psn jessiiee91 anyone feel free to add me.

Rides
    Comet Will be the next proper content, I'll judge Bungie's improvement on that.

I'll add you both when i'm on later. 2 32's and a 20