Thread: CA18 into a westfield?

Rides

CA18 into a westfield?

Hi all, im thinking about breaking my s13 and putting the engine and g/box into a westfield or mk indy
    im just wondering if anyone has already done it and what hassles i might face

its a stage 2 engine so should make you grin in a car that weighs 600kg i reckon

Rides
    Jon200 has an SR20 in a Locost, JeffersS13 has a Dax with a Ca18DET in it and think Dave666 is popping a CA into a 7type of somesort.

Tbh its not a major issue, just few things to watch out for.

Nissan gearboxes are bigger than the ford type 9s that most kits are designed around so a bit of tunnel attacking is required.

Getting the water rad and an intercooler in the narrow nose is a challange, RX7 ICs with a Polo rad is a common setup.

Bonnet line often needs a lump, bump or scoop adding.

If you have a live axle based car, the diff and halfshafts can complain if 300+hp and sticky tyres and hard launches are you thing (and why wouldnt they be!!!). Sierra based IRS cars will be fine though.

turbo power delivery is huge fun in a light car but its not conduscive to wet weather or slippery conditions. Use soft 13" tyres, wear rate will be low as cars light, dont be tempted by 17" wheels for bling, itll destroy the handling and grip and drive horribly!!

Good luck :-)

Rides
    Theres a guy in canada with an SR westy too iirc

Rides
    Cheers for the info, i just need a rolling chassis now then, im going for a irs setup, ideally a rush but haven't seen any in my price range yet

ive been thinking about wheel size....i was wondering if id get away with a set of light 15"s?

Rides
    The Rush is much bigger than a Westy or Locost, bigger tunnel so probably wouldnt need mods as it was designed to take a V8 from the outset, but they dont come cheap. Best handling will be on 13s, but 15s arent too bad

Rides
    Dax Rush is a very nice kit and worth the extra money IMO.

You might want to keep an eye on this thread...

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...ET-into-KitCar

Rides
    Its worth dropping JeffersS13 a pm if his still about. His car was done really well and he overcame a lot of the common issues you can have such as sump and plenum etc.