Thread: carving pin stripes in bodyfiller

Rides

carving pin stripes in bodyfiller

basically,
    I had my shell sand blasted and one of the quarters was full of filler. ive knocked it back into a fairly decent shape. and gave it a good dose of filler once again. but I always struggle to get the upper pin stripe back into it. I made a smaller sanding block for the lower body line (the one that usually has black tape in) and I usually run 2 lengths of 2" masking tape to indicate where it wants to be and take my time to slowly carve it back in. but the top one has ended up wavy and goes thicker and thinner.

these are the two lines im taking about (excuse the random bit of metal in the fore ground.

I know making panels out of filler is not best practice but im not welding new quarters on.

Rides
    possibly a stupid idea.. but is it worth using a pen to do that thinner line? also, you spoken to DJ? he knows bodywork like he knows the back of his hand, and we know a lot of people between us that could suggest ideas

Rides
    oooh. i mean, a pen with sandpaper ofcourse lmfao. or if your lazy just draw it on.. win win

Rides
    I don't understand how you can use a pen??? you mean wrap the paper around the pen? it would be to fat.

I usually use a strip of sand paper meant for a long sanding block.. your pen idea has given me the idea of folding the sandpaper over a steel rule and using that as a kind of a block.