Thread: aftermarket steering wheel

Rides

aftermarket steering wheel

ok so just fitted my aftermarket steering wheel now i have no indicator canceler and my air bag light is flashing, is there a way around this?

also what wire is the hore wire? there is 3 wires in the plug which is for airbag and horn, take it one is for horn two for airbag?

Rides
    With regards to the Airbag light have a look at this thread. The resistor worked for me on an S14. I am sure the S15 is similar.
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...irbag-resistor

Not to sure on the indicator cancel. I have gone back to a standard wheel for MOT reasons. I am pretty sure mine had a round piece of plastic about half inch thick and about the size of a boss which cancelled them. I can't think now how it was setup or if needed it going back to the standard wheel. Have you removed something that sounds similar?

Edit: In fact if you look at this thread, the second picture down. I am pretty sure the blue thing in the middle cancels the indicators. Pretty good thread to fit an after market steering wheel too.
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...!-Sparco-Monza
    Last edited by Ruff; 30-08-2014 at 15:03. Reason: s

Rides
    Just get proper steering wheel hub for S15. I'm using HKB one, it's cancelling indicators and got resistor for air-bag. As far as I'm aware your boss hub need to have special shape underneath, with three little holes witch will go on the steering column to cancel indicators.

Rides
    As above, get a HKB. Driftworks sell them, where I got mine from. ON-228 is the one you need.

Rides
    Cheers bud ��

Rides
    Can't get this stupid airbag light to go off? Bought the hkb set with this resistor but still not go out? Do I have to reset the light somehow or what?

Rides
    If you search there is information on how to do the reset. Its something to do with having the ignition on and pushing the door ajar button a certain number of times within a few seconds then turning the ignition off again, can't remember exactly though.

Rides
    Oh that would explain things! Anybody know ?

Rides
    Try this taken from the service manual

"Diagnosis mode activates only when a malfunction is detected, by pressing the driver’s door switch at least
    5 times within 7 seconds after turning the ignition “ON”. SRS will not enter Diagnosis mode, if no malfunction
    is detected."

Rides
    £81 for a s15 boss, dayumm! Wont have them in til next month either