Thread: polybush squeaks!

Rides

polybush squeaks!

Had the trailing arms and lower arms on the e36 polybushed about a month ago, local supplier did free fitting so let them crack on with it. Car handles a million times better, but these damm squeaks and creaks are driving me insane!

If I quickly spray the bush with grease it shuts up for about 50 miles, but soon after it comes back, happens everything I go over any sort of bump or corner.

Anyway to shut them up? They are superpro purple bushes installed with the supplied grease

Rides
    Maybe try loosening them off, tighten back up to make sure they're not pinching or anything.
    Maybe the arm was abit corroded and needed cleaning up first or something tho?

The greese is only for assembly, it's not for daily running.

Rides
    Arms were all cleaned up with a wire wheel on a dremel.might The undoing technique. come to think of it they were done on a 2 poster ramp, but loosed then retightened on the alignment ramp.

Rides
    Make sure the bolt that goes through the poly bush sleeve on the bracket isn't over or under tightened and that the three toe adjustment bolts are tight. If you've had it aligned, unlucky. I've not got a torques manual sitting in front of me but I would imagine it should be nipped up but allowing movement for the arm

If not it could be coincidence and the stiff bushes have made something else creak, I had to replace my upper ball joint and lower bush on the trailing arm