Thread: Aem Wideband fitment

Rides

Aem Wideband fitment

Hi all iv recently bought an aem wideband and will be fitting before the weekend, the wire that goes from the in car display unit is quite long, iv heard of the sensor being put in the decat? Iv also seen them quite close to the turbo in other cars (next to the lambda on the sr20det)which place is best or would it not matter?

Thanks in advance

Rides
    Should tell you in the instructions where to place the sensor. Of the top of my head I think for turboed cars it has to be 36 inches away from the exhaust outlet due to heat shortening life of the sensor and needs to sit at a certain angle to prevent moisture gathering in it however don't quote me on this

Rides
    IIRC the recommended placement is about a metre from the turbo outlet, but I could be wrong.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    IIRC the recommended placement is about a metre from the turbo outlet, but I could be wrong.
    This is what ive heard from the guy who own techedge (wideband manufacturer) mention and if you have it just before the cat it gives you clearance under the car to mount, easy place to run the wiring into the car (through gear gaitor) and prolongs the life of the sensor due to this distance between it and the outlet of the turbo.

Also the sensor should be at a slight angle, see this link for a little more info:
    http://www.wbo2.com/lsu/position.htm

Rides

Rides
    Cheers guys really helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk