Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: garage argument

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by craiglancs View Post
    /\ good honest prices
    Thank you Craig
    I don't have a garage or unit these days so no overheads ,its just a small scale helping local peeps type of thing
    I have my regulars for pre mot checks and general repairs doing most things apart from paintwork

I quite often check a car over for due mot test and with 2nd hand cars so cheap currently often its not economically viable
    to plow loads of £££'s worth of parts into the old car
    I check also for near future work needed as in no point getting an mot if its going to need a clutch or gearbox soon (for example)
    so I write them off and suggest sell it for spares repairs/weigh it in
    I of course loose the £££'s of repair work but they appreciate my honesty and logic
    and I get the servicing and any jobs need doing work on the new chariot as its mostly low end run of the mill cheap stuff tbh

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    Thank you Craig
    I don't have a garage or unit these days so no overheads ,its just a small scale helping local peeps type of thing
    I have my regulars for pre mot checks and general repairs doing most things apart from paintwork

I quite often check a car over for due mot test and with 2nd hand cars so cheap currently often its not economically viable
    I check also for near future work needed as in no point getting an mot if its going to need a clutch or gearbox soon (for example)
    I of course loose the £££'s of repair work but they appreciate my honesty and logic
    and I get the servicing and any jobs need doing work on the new chariot as its mostly low end run of the mill cheap stuff tbh
    This is exactly it mate! Good honest communication and advice etc. Now of course, if this garage in question, who were asked at the start to do mot and fix a leak, and were told they didn't want to spend a fortune,...... if they'd have done the mot first, said look, it's a massive fail, so here's a £40 bill and we'll give u the option of taking the car away, then the dispute wouldn't have happened

Rides
    Did he tell them to do the MoT and if it passed to fix the leak?

No he told them to fix the leak and then MoT it, or his missus did as he doesnt seem to be able to deal with people (must be the doorman gene kicking in )

I am pretty sure you are just trolling now
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I thought that from Page 2.

Rides
    Still never answered my question

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    Thank you Craig

So you have insurance ? Public liability insurance ? And stand by warranty ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by craiglancs View Post
    This is exactly it mate! Good honest communication and advice etc. Now of course, if this garage in question, who were asked at the start to do mot and fix a leak, and were told they didn't want to spend a fortune,...... if they'd have done the mot first, said look, it's a massive fail, so here's a £40 bill and we'll give u the option of taking the car away, then the dispute wouldn't have happened
    Would they of paid the £40 if they had said it's still got a leak.........No !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Did he tell them to do the MoT and if it passed to fix the leak?

No he told them to fix the leak and then MoT it, or his missus did as he doesnt seem to be able to deal with people (must be the doorman gene kicking in )

He still hasn't answered me yet I think your right must be trolling

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd89 View Post
    Would they of paid the £40 if they had said it's still got a leak.........No !
    Ye she would have. Anyway, forget it now, threads dead

Quote Originally Posted by Todd89 View Post
    So you have insurance ? Public liability insurance ? And stand by warranty ?

Rides
    So did they pay the £40 for the mot at all ??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So did they pay the £40 for the mot at all ??
    Probably not