Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage stored s14

Rides
    Haha, exactly as 'green_rs13' says, I've never seen an S14 for sale under £500. I would expect to pay best part of a grand for that, unless it really is hopelessly rusty needing a reshell etc; but that's my opinion.

Rides
    I'd pull the rocker and lube the ca,s/ clean the spray bars before starting it
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    It's worth what people are willing to pay for it obviously, but it's worth miles more than £200 any day of the week!

Even as a rusty wreck to be drifted it's worth a lot more, and IMO assuming something that's been garaged it's basically scrap is just stupid. Aslong as the garage is vaguely decent it will of survived far better than had it sat outside, we have garage stored cars for 10 years with no major issues at all and no real prep before putting them away, the obvious things like tyres will suffer but we are talking about 200's here, it's not like people keep them standard anyway so it's a bargaining tool for something you will change anyway.

In my experience if it was worth owning before it went in the garage it probably still is now, if it was a dog then clearly it won't have improved. Iv regularly left sr20's sitting for months on end with zero issues at all, and the cars are young enough for parts to be available. If he wants sensible money snap his hand off, I offered £500 for a rusty 14 that was a non runner and never got it, on the basis that it had ran fine before it was sat up. Try him at scrap money but ultimately they are popular cars and if you don't want it someone else will snap his hand off, nobody wants to see them crushed and even for a gamble they are worth a punt if they seem genuine, if it's solid and runs then anything around a grand is good value IMO

Rides
    Didn't have the chance to go see it this evening... I got a text from seller say, "I haven't had time to get anything sorted. I'm struggling to find time to see if she'll start. I'm free on Thursday though. That'll give me time to get some jump leads sorted then we can see if she'll run."

I am guessing him is going to get it start it and get as much money as he can, if it does start.

But like other members have said, if a car have sat in a garage that long the components have gone bad like batteries, brakes, petrol, oil etc... He will at least need to spend some pennies to get it running.

So I have texted back to him and said "I don't mind to see the car in idle, I'm just being nosey and want to poke around the car "

Then he replied, "we will talk about it more on Wednesday basketball".

Just have to wait and see again lol