Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted s13 ecu

Rides
    Because someone has offered me an ND stage 1 ecu but I have all the mods minus the stage 1 chip for HD stage 1. HD don't seem to state brand of mods.

Rides
    Ye I read the link. I have been offered a Norris stage 1 chipped ecu but don't know whether to go for it. I have all the mods for HD stage 1 apart from the chipped ecu. HD don't seem to state that you should use specific brands they just say stuff like free flow exhaust and air filter.

Rides
    The link basically says that you need to run the spec as defined by the tuner for the Stage chip.

So, if you want to run the ND Stage 1 chip you need the mods they specify which includes a T3 turbo. The T3 turbo requires a different manifold to a T2/T25/T28 turbo so you'll need a new mani plus the other bits they recommend. They say you can run it with a T28 but it was written for a T3.

Are you going to run with a T3 turbo/manifold and other mods or follow the HD spec list and run the standard T25 and associated mods ?

If a T25, you don't want the ND Stage 1 chip.

You need to pick a chip that matches your desired/current spec or pick a chip then buy all the parts required to move to a matching spec.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gflopp View Post
    HD don't seem to state that you should use specific brands they just say stuff like free flow exhaust and air filter.
    I'm pretty sure the HD Stage 1 was written for a Mongoose twin-exit and a K&N cone filter but the important thing is that the exhaust and filter not be restrictive like the OEM ones. You can probably get away with fitting a generic cat cannon and drilling holes in the airbox given the relatively mild state of tune for HD Stage 1. For HD Stage 3, its important to use the exact parts because the ECU relies on info from the AFM for air measurement and expects the injectors to flow a certain amount of fuel and these affect the mixture.

Rides
    Well I wasn't planning on changing the turbo for a little while just because of cost.
    I couldn't find a recommended mod list for the ND chip.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gflopp View Post
    Well I wasn't planning on changing the turbo for a little while just because of cost.
    I couldn't find a recommended mod list for the ND chip.
    They're website says call them for details (if its a s/h chip, I don't know how helpful they will be) but it does say that it will net 6 bhp increase over stock (so around 175 bhp) or 27 bhp if you buy their boost upgrade kit to go with it (so 196 bhp) and that it removes the fuel cut defender.

I'm currently running 16 psi on the original T25 with an HD Stage 1 chip and got 239 bhp and 245 lbft of torque on Track and Power's dyno in Rainham.

But, you know, its up to you at the end of the day. Its your money and your engine.

If the ND chip was a gift, I wouldn't take it. Genuine HD Stage 1 chips usually go for less than £50 and Noz Stage 1 chips which are written for a similar spec to the HD chip are less than that new.

Flamethrower
    Rides

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Right to solve this I have:-

Facelift ECU (Lambda) SE Nissan stage 1 chip which is designed for FMIC, T25 Turbo and Exhaust. £40

Rides
    I do have a FMIC so that would work. What's the make of the chip?

Flamethrower
    Rides
    SE Nissan

Rides
    Oh sorry. I've never really heard of that yet. That might do the job

Flamethrower
    Rides
    They used to be a big 200 tuning company going back many many years. The chips seemed quite good just a shame their customer service wasn't