Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best clutch for around 300bhp?

Rides
    Id fully recommend Walton at Nispro to supply and fit and exedy clutch on your car. He did my sisters S14a a few weeks ago and service and price was extremely good...around £400 fitted for 300bhp rated car...

Rides
    /\ I'll be going to get it from SRB then

Rides
    There are some other companies that sell them as well, I'm going to call them all and see where I can get the best deal lol.

Rides
    Ive bought a used ACT organic two years ago after 20k i killed it in year mainly caused by shit driving and open diff. After wielder, with decent seat time, i swapped out for a new (£200) XTD paddle. my drifting was a lot better by then no riding it at all lol but it slipped a lot, felt light, weak and crumbled to bits in 4months is and it was fitted and run in properly. I was mainly streeto in the wet aswell! I put the ACT pressure plate back in for money reasons with a genuine new nissan friction plate i got for £20 in Bristol of a member That combo has done me proud 10k of mainly abuse and streeto shes still going strong. Im running about 270bhp. Its a heavy clutch so if your girl or are weak, work out or something cus its worth it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ryry92 View Post
    /\ I'll be going to get it from SRB then
    Nispro will still fit it for under £100...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly F View Post
    Nispro will still fit it for under £100...
    That's an awesome price!! but where are they based?

I'm far south

Rides
    Im in basingstoke, they are in a place called haddenham: -

Unit 2, Thame Road Industrial Estate, Thame Rd, Haddenham, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP17 8BY
    01844 290593

Speak to Walton...

Rides
    Did you buy the clutch? Can't find anywhere cheaper than SRB.

Rides
    No, on holiday atm so I'll be doing it when I'm back.

SRB were the cheapest I found also.. something like £360/80 right?

Rides
    Yer, I ordered a Nismo clutch from them. Went for that in the end, they did it for the same price as an ACT

Rides
    Anyone know of a cheaper / better place to go than SRB? Final bump. . . Looking to get the clutch next week

Rides
    Bump it up

Rides
    There are mixed reviews of them but you can save a bucket load by getting an XTD clutch. Most of the reviews I have read say they are brilliant as long as they are run in properly (500 miles careful driving). Those that didn't do this leave bad reviews for them but it is the way I am going.

Rides
    Call me stupid... but I didn't think any clutch had to be "run in" it's got a brand new friction plate.. if any thing you can be harsher on the pedal because of the extra meat on the plate...

Rides
    All clutches should be run in. I think all manufacturers recommend a running in period of 500 miles of careful driving. I think it has something to do with controlling the heat input into it which will obviously change the material properties and change the way it wears. I think most clutches have less of a problem with not doing it but it is still recommended. However, XTD's seem to be particularly sensitive to it. But if you follow the guidelines they seem to be great value!!

Rides
    Ive just bought the ACT hd organic from SRB. Ordered on a monday at 7 via the website and it arrived weds morning. Fitted it on friday and so far im very impressed with it. It feels so much better than my old worn out RPS. ACT recomennd 200-300 miles of bedding in.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin89 View Post
    All clutches should be run in. I think all manufacturers recommend a running in period of 500 miles of careful driving. I think it has something to do with controlling the heat input into it which will obviously change the material properties and change the way it wears. I think most clutches have less of a problem with not doing it but it is still recommended. However, XTD's seem to be particularly sensitive to it. But if you follow the guidelines they seem to be great value!!
    Ahh right I'll shut up then lol, thanks

Rides
    Haha no worries mate. Hopefully will save you a clutch some day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyrs View Post
    Ive just bought the ACT hd organic from SRB. Ordered on a monday at 7 via the website and it arrived weds morning. Fitted it on friday and so far im very impressed with it. It feels so much better than my old worn out RPS. ACT recomennd 200-300 miles of bedding in.
    Glad to have a reply from someone who has done exactly what I wanted to do.. exact same clutch I'm after..

I wanted a clutch that can handle around 300bhp and isn't too hard / heavy. Thanks pip but I think I'll be going for the ACT from SRB!

Cheers guys

Ry