Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Your daily commute...

Rides
    Some interesting points amongst all the new posts in my not particularly educated opinion it sounds to me to make sense with old cars or engines such as the rotary where burning oil can get into the combustion chambers and get contaminated/contaminate the oil outside the combustion chamber? or on engines that havent been used for a long time there is always the possibility of a bit of condensation internally which would contaminate the oil within. Regularly used cars shouldnt need the oil changed as often (mileage) but ideally just as often in time?

Like i say uneducated but sounds logical to me lol

Onto my commute though, bought an S14a sunday, stage 1a h-Dev and used it today for my roughly 100mile commute and its AWESOME fuel consumption is pretty good too which is a bonus!

Rides
    On rotarys the contamination factor is calculated into the factory designated service interval.
    Cars which aren't used often is potentially a different matter - I don't remember if we had anything that fit that bill when we did the main bulk of testing.