Thread: Ca18det wiring question

Rides

Ca18det wiring question

Well ive been reading everything I can on this conversion and I think ive confused myself!!? so I need to check.

This is what I have?

If that is correct I have a few kinda dumb ass basic questions?

1) Where is the best place to get 12v constant on? Do I take it straight from the battery and add a switch so I can turn all the 12v constants off? or should I connect into the s12 loom some where?

2) Kinda same question as above but with the ign on source? off of the ignition barrel? which wire?

cheers,

Paul

Rides
    Unplug the existing engine loom then you should be able to take the required ign on and constant from the plugs on main loom.

Rides
    yeah I managed to wire it all in, only having trouble with fuel pump now!

When I turn the ignition on nothing happens, the fuel pump doesn't prime. If I swap the black/pink wire with an earth it works but obviously stays on. If I take a multimeter and attach the negative to the black/pink and positive to 12v I get nothing. So the ecu isn't switching to earth. Any ideas? Bad ecu? Ecu btw has power lights on.

I was planning tomo to test at pin 18 on the ecu I think. Is my thinking correct? I should see 12v across the circuit - black/pink- to 12v? so 12v goes through the ecu when it primes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Figured it out! Previous owner hadn't screwed the ecu plug in all the way! Lol

On a side note, does anyone know how many posts you have to make so you can post your own build thread? Im dying to post a build thread!!
    Last edited by van_denton_san; 27-06-2014 at 12:53.

Rides
    Also Im a little unsure about some of the vac lines, well all of them to be honest. but I will start with this.

Is this right?

Rides
    Nope from the take off on your ic pipework-a tee.

One leg of the tee to the air regulator under the tb then from top of air reg to plenum behind the tps.

Other leg of tee goes to the metal pipe sticking out just under to the left of the throttle butterfly (where your blue line goes)
    That metal pipe then goes under the plenum and out the other side which then needs another hose to connect that to the idle/acc valve assembly!

Rides
    thanks, im a total noob with these engines.

Also there is a tiny take off on the intercooler pipe aswell, is this for the brake servo?

One other thing, how do you tell how much oil is in it? :/

thanks