Thread: S14a twin CAT's

Rides

S14a twin CAT's

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it is easy to convert an twin catalytic converter S14a into a single Catalytic converter like on the S14?
    As i feel that the first one is making the cars performance restrictive, i was thinking of using a single sports Catalytic converter instead.
    Do I need to run any new Maps?, or anything with the O2 sensor etc. ...

S14a Exhaust layout (Twin Cats)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123658...6/13937528914/

S14 exhaust layout

Thanks
    Last edited by KPS14A; 19-04-2014 at 16:08.

Rides
    [hr][/hr]Just buy a downpipe decat lol, why don't you just buy a sports exhaust and get rid of both cats. Will unleash about 20-30hp

Rides
    If you did want to go S14 setup you can but you'll need the matching turbo elbow too

Rides
    as above, as long as you get all the bits from 1 model it will be fine, 14a has longer downpipe to support the second cat so a shorter turbo elbow while a 14 has a longer elbow and shorter downpipe. I found the 14 elbow better to fit in my case as the bend could be more gradual and I had more room for the bolts. But yea also as above, why not just get a decat? If you're that bothered just throw the cat back in for the MOT

Rides
    I'd just decat it. It probably wouldn't pass the emissions with 1 cat on anyway. The s14 has an egr system and the 14a doesn't.

If you still want to go the cat route I have a full standard s14 exhaust system (turbo back) if you're interested?