Thread: Dilema - What to do?

Rides

Dilema - What to do?

hey guys, just wondering on what you guys would do if in similar situation. The turbo has come loose on the manifold and I need to replace the studs etc, now I have a tubular manifold ready to go on but was holding out for a new turbo. But being as its coming apart I don't know what to do, I cant afford a brand new turbo at the moment so would have to be lucky for a second hand one, but as its apart it makes sense.

Its currently Stage 2 Horsham Spec, Like I said I have the tubular manifold ready as I was going for Stage 3 in the future.

Now my options:

Refit existing setup with new gaskets,

Refit with tubular manifold (would I need a remap?)

Get all the parts and stage 3a it?

Rides
    Just chuck the tubular manifold on! you shouldn't need a remap after this! Get the parts ready though as around 80% of manifolds crack in the first year!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Sure it wont need a remap with the tubular?

Rides
    110%, manifolds just like upgrading your exhaust system, it just helps your current setup breathe more efficiently, will have no noticeable effect at that power level

Rides
    Be warned mate, i also had a tubular mani (h-dev) waiting to go on my car, i needed to replace my gaskets in november so chucked on the new mani while i was at it. 2 months later it cracked. Now i need to split it all again, replace the gaskets im splitting and put on the old cast iron mani.. Total waste of time putting on the tubular one. Maybe i was unlucky but unless its a top quality mani iv braced ill be sticking with the cast iron one.

Rides
    Get a decent flexi put in the exhaust it shouldn't then crack the manifold