Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I had an idea...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

A big thanks to Graham, Dave and Mark for making the effort and helping try to make it work but probably not something worth repeating next year.

I think between us there were 4 items given away and small sums exchanged for another 4.

I have to say I was very surprised at how few S13s there were in attendance... maybe 6 or 7 in total ??? and not a single S12

I spent most of Monday morning sorting through all the stuff I took and brought back and taking the vast majority of the stuff I couldn't give away down to the tip so I only have maybe 10% of what I started with. It just seemed such a shame to chuck so much good stuff away. I ended up lobbing over 250lbs in the metal recycling alone.

To anyone thinking of scrapping an S13, I'd say Don't bother. If you can't even give stuff away, there obviously aren't enough S13s left to create any demand.
    Here's what I sifted through and threw (along with a load of interior that is I didn't get pics of)...

...and this is some of what I kept as it just seemed too good to chuck. If you spot anything you fancy...

Rides
    Bugger, I spy an inlet manifold gasket in the chucked pile.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Because I ended up coming in the Laguna estate I think it was worth it, as had loads of space to fill with random parts to bring.
    I gave away a few things and sold a few things, tbh I spent nearly all the money I made on raffle tickets (which seems to have paid off ).

However, if I'd of come in my Skyline then I'd not have been able to bring even half as much stuff so probably wouldn't have been as successful.

So from me its a bit of a mixed response, I sold or gave away enough to make a good bit of space in the shed (which has already been filled with shit from the house ) so for me it was worth it. But I don't think it would have been worth it if either I was looking to sell more and ask higher prices for my stuff, or if I didn't have as big a car to bring stuff with.

That said, I think if people are willing its worth doing it in future, just maybe need to integrate it a bit more with the weekend in terms of....
    Placement - put it in front of the food, where everyone will see it. I think a lot of people didn't realise it was there.
    Advertisement - every so often have it mentioned when announcing other things to people
    Time - keep it going longer, maybe during early evening too? Maybe make a rota of sellers so only one person at a time is having to stand there, label things in advance with prices and who owns it to make selling easy for whoever is standing there.
    Prices - I guess another way of doing it would be for it to be only for free items, that way no one needs keep an eye on it all and everyone can help themselves.
    bovvered?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCarter200 View Post
    Bugger, I spy an inlet manifold gasket in the chucked pile.
    It got contaminated with oil on the way home so I chucked it. I had loads of gaskets there including an unused, sealed in a bag head gasket

Rides
    I totally forgot this was happening, shame I would have liked to have had a look around to see what was about... Nevermind maybe next year if its done again as its a great idea