Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I had an idea...

Rides
    Well, it wouldn't have to be all weekend, it could just be Sunday morning for say 3 hours or 11 til 12 each day or something.

TBH, I was just thinking I'd leave my stuff with a big sign with my phone number on then if anyone wanted anything, they could call me and I'd head back to the stand. Too trusting you think ?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I'd hate to think that anyone on here would take parts without payment but..... I wouldn't leave expensive parts unattended
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Various interiour parts/standard bits should be safe but id not leave any top quality stuff out.. not saying anybody would but it would be totally gutting if it did....

Last weekender i didnt lock my car all weekend,left my tend unzipped with phone and wallet stored in my holdall.... and no issues at all...

Will be a good idea to do it pretty much when people get there or youll be storing your unwanted goods all weekend...
    Or create a thread where you put a list of parts youll be taking to the weekender to drum up interest....

See if we can bodge an sx together out of left over parts... lol

Ste
    Bringing up a new generation of drifter....
    The futures bright.The future's RED...
    HERE COMES THE PAIN !!

M82 OUK..R.I.P
    T220 FJO..R.I.P
    NEXT ???? ???

Rides
    I wasn't going to be leaving a brand new set of rotas lying about but I'd like to think no-one would be twatty enough to rob me of a tenner for a second hand alternator

Rides
    Would certainly work for those going as many parts are not worth the cost of postange or too big to post.

Could also be good if a list of items being taken was made so parts could get moved round the country to other members maybe ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpen View Post
    Would certainly work for those going as many parts are not worth the cost of postange or too big to post.

Could also be good if a list of items being taken was made so parts could get moved round the country to other members maybe ?
    That could work if there was an autojumble thread. Sellers could post up what they were taking and Buyers could ask people local to them to collect or "buy subject to condition".

So, is this something the club organisers (Kieran ?) would consider ? How do I go about getting it to happen ?

Rides
    Can one of the mods/organisers post up on here what I/we can do to make this happen ? Everyone seems to think its quite a good idea.

Is it simply a matter of one of the organisers pick a slot during the weekend and an area so everyone knows where it will be and when ?

I really don't want to fill my car with spares then have to take them all to the tip on the way home because no-one knew it was happening.

Most of the stuff I'm planning to take I simply don't have room for any longer.

Rides
    I have no problem with it at all, and think it sounds like a good idea. However, the staff already have a huge amount on their hands ensuring the weekend runs as planned, so someone will need to take ownership if this is to go ahead.

JW, being that its your idea, do you want to take ownership of setting it up? I.E, getting the thread up, setting a time slot etc?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I have no problem with it at all, and think it sounds like a good idea. However, the staff already have a huge amount on their hands ensuring the weekend runs as planned, so someone will need to take ownership if this is to go ahead.

JW, being that its your idea, do you want to take ownership of setting it up? I.E, getting the thread up, setting a time slot etc?
    I don't mind doing that. I've PMed Kieran about the location and timeslot as it needs to fit in with what else is going on.

Once someone tells me where and when so it fits into the bigger event, I can happily run with the rest of the organisation of it.

Was Kieran the right person to PM ?

Rides
    I've started this thread with details and for sellers to list what they are bringing...

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...25#post6608625

Rides
    Cool

Rides
    Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

A big thanks to Graham, Dave and Mark for making the effort and helping try to make it work but probably not something worth repeating next year.

I think between us there were 4 items given away and small sums exchanged for another 4.

I have to say I was very surprised at how few S13s there were in attendance... maybe 6 or 7 in total ??? and not a single S12

I spent most of Monday morning sorting through all the stuff I took and brought back and taking the vast majority of the stuff I couldn't give away down to the tip so I only have maybe 10% of what I started with. It just seemed such a shame to chuck so much good stuff away. I ended up lobbing over 250lbs in the metal recycling alone.

To anyone thinking of scrapping an S13, I'd say Don't bother. If you can't even give stuff away, there obviously aren't enough S13s left to create any demand.

Rides
    I actually forgot this was happening
    Unfortunatly all the bits I need are either S14 parts or 180 specific though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmet***asket View Post
    I actually forgot this was happening
    Unfortunatly all the bits I need are either S14 parts or 180 specific though
    I did see you whizzing round the track most of the day at a good rate of knots. She looked very tidy and appeared to handle nicely through the corners

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    I found some brake pads that gazoobe had bought up very handy. My old ones got too hot and had started to crumble in places so replaced them Sunday night.
    Mr Pea bought a boss and a couple of steering wheels.

Think that was about it.

Rides
    I think the track just distracted people from it really. Had we the track on Sat, and Sun as a chill day like usual you may have gotten more interest.

Had a nose about myself and there was some really good stuff there. Unfortunately I have no car to put it in.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    I had a look but found nothing I needed
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Maybe next year we need more BMW and MX5 spares there
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Maybe next year we need more BMW and MX5 spares there
    Sad but true.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    I did see you whizzing round the track most of the day at a good rate of knots. She looked very tidy and appeared to handle nicely through the corners
    A dream as always - Feel free to ask for a ride next year if you fancy one, I don't bite (much)