Thread: Need a favor from a member with a ca18det on a S13

Rides

Need a favor from a member with a ca18det on a S13

Any one around oxford(cowley road)with fully running s13 with ca18det that would let me
    take some pics of the engine??

Im getting a ca18det together and theres lots of pipes/connections that i have no idea where they go.

If any one able to help let me know.

Thanks

Rides
    Mate, Have a look here...

http://s218.photobucket.com/user/jzw...?sort=3&page=1

If there is anything specific you want a pic of, just say and I'll post something up for you.

There are about 450 S13 pictures in different albums under S13, ruby and "Stuarts Stuff" which was a car I broke last year and you have had a few bits off.

Or just take a photo of the spare ends you have and ask me
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 24-02-2014 at 19:33.

Rides
    There is a member on here called 'littleone' who is from cowley oxford, you would most likely find him sat down cowley retail park around 9pm most nights with 2 s14's who are dalespencer and callum87 as well, i'm sure that if you found them there they would help you out

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Mate, Have a look here...

http://s218.photobucket.com/user/jzw...?sort=3&page=1

If there is anything specific you want a pic of, just say and I'll post something up for you.

There are about 450 S13 pictures in different albums under S13, ruby and "Stuarts Stuff" which was a car I broke last year and you have had a few bits off.

Or just take a photo of the spare ends you have and ask me
    I will have a look to see if i can figure out where the pipes goes to.

Heres a pic of some of the connections i need to know where they go 2

Where does the turbo water return should connect to?
    The pipe blanked with a screw should be connected where?
    The 2 nipples under the intake should connect 2???

If u could let me know where they go please)

Thanks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    There is a member on here called 'littleone' who is from cowley oxford, you would most likely find him sat down cowley retail park around 9pm most nights with 2 s14's who are dalespencer and callum87 as well, i'm sure that if you found them there they would help you out
    I will keep an eye around there if i cant get it sorted with Jonny's help.

Thanks m8.

Rides
    OK. So you have a short vacuum hose going from the back of the plenum to the FPR. That means you have the HSS bypass done so you will have two very thin metal pipes running behind the engine that are unused. The top one and one further down and harder to see.

The big fat pipe directly across from that plenum vac takeoff is the PCV - a one-way valve that should connect to the breathers via a short fat pipe that goes to a metal T.

Moving down there is a fat takeoff pointing the same direction as the PCV. That is the servo vac and a fat pipe should loop back to a grey plastic one-way valve before heading onward to the brake servo.

Underneath that there are two smaller pipes that point downwards in an upside-down V. These are the water pipes.

The outer one, goes across to the back of the engine and connects to the second pipe down i.e. the one directly under the top pipe that WAS for the feed to the HSS but has been bypassed on your car.

The one closest to the plenum loops under the back of the plenum and connects to the hardpipe that has been blanked with a screw.

That hardpipe is a short spur off the main water pipe that runs under the inlet pipes just behind the big Y bracket that holds the plenum to the chassis. The main outlet (next to the blanked pipe) goes via a big fat soft pipe across the back of the engine to the heater matrix.

Does that all make sense ?

Rides
    OK. So you have a short vacuum hose going from the back of the plenum to the FPR. That means you have the HSS bypass done so you will have two very thin metal pipes running behind the engine that are unused. The top one and one further down and harder to see.

The big fat pipe directly across from that plenum vac takeoff is the PCV - a one-way valve that should connect to the breathers via a short fat pipe that goes to a metal T.

Moving down there is a fat takeoff pointing the same direction as the PCV. That is the servo vac and a fat pipe should loop back to a grey plastic one-way valve before heading onward to the brake servo.

Underneath that there are two smaller pipes that point downwards in an upside-down V. These are the water pipes.

The outer one, goes across to the back of the engine and connects to the second pipe down i.e. the one directly under the top pipe that WAS for the feed to the HSS but has been bypassed on your car.

The one closest to the plenum loops under the back of the plenum and connects to the hardpipe that has been blanked with a screw.

That hardpipe is a short spur off the main water pipe that runs under the inlet pipes just behind the big Y bracket that holds the plenum to the chassis. The main outlet (next to the blanked pipe) goes via a big fat soft pipe across the back of the engine to the heater matrix.

Does that all make sense ?
    Kind of lol.

Ok the PCV and brake servo r done.

The one blanked should i connect it to the plenum one?

The outer pipe should i blank it of?

The one going to the heater matrix i got it.

What about the one u can see in the pic next to the pipe going to the cam breather?

And also where should i connect the turbo water return pipe 2??

Thank you for ur help

Rides
    Sorry about the delay . I've been tom and dick. Had a look but need to get under the car n not feeling up to it ATM. Maybe tomorrow

sent from t'internet

Rides
    Sorry about the delay . I've been tom and dick. Had a look but need to get under the car n not feeling up to it ATM. Maybe tomorrow

sent from t'internet
    No rush m8

Thank you very much

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gtturbo View Post
    The one blanked should i connect it to the plenum one?

The outer pipe should i blank it of?

What about the one u can see in the pic next to the pipe going to the cam breather?

And also where should i connect the turbo water return pipe 2??
    Yes. Blanked pipe to inner pipe of the inverted V.

Outer pipe of the inverted V goes via the hard pipe at the back of the engine to your turbo so connect turbo line to it.

I think the one you are talking about is a short one that goes from the plenum to the FICD valve (the big air regulator contraption on the inside of the plenum midway between back and front).

see Outer pipe above.

Rides
    Yes. Blanked pipe to inner pipe of the inverted V.

Outer pipe of the inverted V goes via the hard pipe at the back of the engine to your turbo so connect turbo line to it.

I think the one you are talking about is a short one that goes from the plenum to the FICD valve (the big air regulator contraption on the inside of the plenum midway between back and front).

see Outer pipe above.
    All sorted m8

Thank you very much for ur help)

Rides
    No probs. Glad to help.