Thread: Motorbike parking.

Rides

Motorbike parking.

I know there's a few bikers on here, and it may be a bit of a silly question, but what are the rules regarding parking motorbikes?

If you park in a normal car spot, are you expected to get a ticket or not? Or are you not supposed to park in car spots

And do the automatic barriers at some car parks even recognise if a motorbike pulls up at them, or are you left sat there like an idiot?

I've only been riding a relatively short time and haven't parked in public much, but will be using my bike a lot more this year and want to know what the general parking etiquette is

Rides
    Most car parks you pay for have an area for bikes only. You're not expected to get a ticket but I think you may get flack if you take up a car space. I havent been to car park yet that hasnt had spaces for bikes. And barriers you can usually ride around them.

Rides
    Thanks, I'll have to have a better look next time I'm in a car park to spot the bike spaces.

Rides
    I find that barriers don't go up and you gee t left looking like a plonker, that and filter traffic lights as you're not heavy enough to activate them.

There's normally a specific motorcycle area but if they're full I'll just park in a car space and not pay.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk

Rides
    Classed as an open vessel i'm led to believe, so no need for a ticket, as where are you going to put the ticket so it's in view but not stolen... Believe it or not, there are some thieving scumbag's out there...

Rides
    Along these lines I am constantly finding a car taking up the M/C parking bay in the street. What's the law on that?