Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The Weekender 2014 - 23/24/25 August - Snetterton Track and Drift

Rides
    Thanks for putting on an awesome event guys. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Right up until 3rd gear decided to blow up. Was a good jaunt for me getting home with the AA but wasn't too bad!

Rides
    Glad to hear you got home ok Sean. Now get an rb box in the car !!

Rides
    Great work on the organising to Kieren et al.
    Great weekend with the normal banter, silliness and track fun.
    3 biggest highlights for me have to start with the legend that is Old man Scudder for letting me loose in the V8 - Only thing wrong with it is it didn't have a 5th gear Otherwise an utterly epic car - I really do hate him now
    Next up would be driving the wheels off the 180 to stay with Jez's 350, only to eventually loose out exiting the tight corners onto the 2 straights when he would pull away while I waited for boost - it was much closer than I expected
    And last was the epic 4 laps or so of messing about with Jamie in his Megane, He kept having to back off and wait as it's so much faster than my car but it was great fun.

Does anyone have any video of Ken's car btw? It occurs to me that yet again I've failed to hear it on a proper drive by

Rides
    Fantastic weekend, not only a massive thank you to Kieran and the rest of the team... But also to ALL of you for coming along!! If it wasn't for you guys these weekenders wouldn't happen.

Was hoping someone might of got a video of the 86 doing a few grip laps... That shoe box was scary over 100mph, at some points it felt so light I though I had lift off!

Oh, last thank you to the weather for holding out ����

Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Thanks for putting on an awesome event guys. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Right up until 3rd gear decided to blow up. Was a good jaunt for me getting home with the AA but wasn't too bad!
    Bummer Sean, another weekender another gearbox for you blyton park if I recall! Pleased you got home safely.

Rides
    Epic weekend, Thanks to all that organised it and those who relived me of cooking duty on Saturday when i could no longer see a thing!

I had a mega time on track, Spent most of the day on it other than to get fuel, Think my french shit box surprised some people as well....

Rides
    Thanks for an awesome weekend, this weekender was up there with the best.

My ears are still ringing now, 6 hours after getting home, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by _Jamie_ View Post
    Think my french shit box surprised some people as well....

French shit box is fast shit box.

I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Great fun, even with the car not being 100%

Well done Keyrun

Rides
    What a great weekend, massive thanks to everyone who arranged things, was really good to meet so many new faces. Really happy the weather was good too, I'm looking forward to the next one already.

Rosh

Rides
    Home and had a good wash to get over the 2 days of stinking and roughing it in a tent, had an epic time even if my car only managed about 15 laps round the place over the entire day.. wish I'd had more time to do a proper shakedown I'd have found the power steering leak and the boost pipes popping off and had a reliable car all day.

ah well at least the gearbox is still 100% as was expecting to need the flat bed to get it home, as it turns out it was fully working by around 6pm sunday just too late..

Big thanks as always for everyone that organised it, Snetterton was my favourite venue so far I loved the long straights.

Oh and thanks for the supply of ATF fluid for my power steering, I didnt get a chance to see you again drifter bloke in the s13 with a blown turbo If I remember correctly.. Got that problem sorted I owe you a beer
    Last edited by JC SX; 25-08-2014 at 21:39.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive "is a 14 year old" Littlechild View Post

Bummer Sean, another weekender another gearbox for you blyton park if I recall! Pleased you got home safely.
    Yep my car doesn't seem to like these large social gatherings oh well plenty more gearboxes in the garage!

East Anglia Area Rep Slip_n_slide's Avatar
    Rides
    Best weekend I've had in a long while. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

Food was good and a massive thanks to those up in time to sort breakfast, I tip my hat to you.

Good to meet a lot of new people and I'm looking forward to next year already!

Rides
    Thanks for a great weekend everyone. All the support was hugely appreciated and I'm overwhelmed to be part of such a great club. The Nissan is going to be garaged this week so I can strip the front down and assess the damage.
    Thanks for a great party Sunday night, it was awesome to catch up with everyone.

Kev I hope the shoulder is ok and miss fake Ben Taylor, I hope the ankle is alright.

Aaron

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    To echo what everyone is saying, brilliant time. Thanks to Keiran for organising the event, and a special thanks to everyone who mucked in to help out with various jobs.

Shame Monday was so poxy weather-wise, as we missed saying goodbye to most folks. Doesn't mean we don't love you all tho...

Until next year. Only Scotland and Ireland left to hit now

Rides
    Had a great time, was nice to get there and everything be ready to go for a change

Special thanks to Kieran for organising and the likes of Big Show, Cleanhands, Sideways Danny and Rubix etc for keeping us fed. Star of the show was Cornwall though for that pulled pork

Was good to see people again, some who i have not seen in a while and i really enjoyed taking the photos of the track action, some people were really going for it
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Another great weekender. Kieran, et all, you did everything great. Apart from Mondays weather. So there's still room for improvement!

Chuffed to bits the 5 did the laps. It was the first time I'd been on a track in a long long time and even longer since I wasn't trying to slide about!

Hats off to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    I thought Matt_S invented SXOC
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Matt_S is the SXOC. They're the same entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    Some say that he remembers when the whole planet was just a field & that his body is held together with cable ties and duct tape, all we know is, he's Matt_S

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Just superb, I love the weekender as it really shows what the club is all about - hard work in organising and running the event but plenty to club in, good clean action on the track and a cracking party with loads of diamond people in the evening, all supported by some excellent food, good music and a smoke machine

Turns out that the Power Steering belt that stopped play for my 350Z on Sunday also does the alternator but massive thanks to Steve Carter and GmasterT for getting me to a factors to find another one and then fitting it to the car. Also massive thanks to my lovely wife for letting me drive the arse off her car when mine was broken, 3rd gear drifting in an 138hp MR2 takes rather a lot of commitment

I say it every year, this is what the club is all about and Id love to be able to do more events like this - as long as we can get 40/50 people confirmed then anything is possible, so keep an eye out for more in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Some of my biggest smiles all weekend were going slideways in that MR2

You sir, are a lunatic. Even the Marshalls were just laughing at us!

Rides
    Awesome just doesn't cut it, really enjoyed it except the 12 1/2 hours to get home

Food, fuel and f'ing shopping stops.

My only disappointment was from first to last lap there is only 1.5 second difference slowest and fastest. Couple of corners I could have been a bit quicker and hitting fuel cut on both straights loosing a bit.

Mother than that car went well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk