Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Well here it is - The European Mustang !!!!!!

Rides
    My Ford garage heavily doubted the availability of demonstrators (Some where big near the London village/Essex border might get one if anyone does) and think the first 500 have pretty much gone in terms of deposits down.
    There will be one knocking about somewhere near me though from what I'm told as a local guy has put a deposit on one (£2K)

Rides
    The dealer I got my ST from last May had already sold one then, bloke walked in and just said he wanted one

So facelift ST for me in the next month or so then possible Mustang early 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by silverzx View Post
    I like Mark, he seems fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip_n_slide View Post
    Mark is right.

Rides
    How can anyone be expected to splurge 35-40K on something they haven't even seen, let alone know if its any good ?

Somewhat frustrating.

Rides
    Dem peoples with moneyz no sense

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    How can anyone be expected to splurge 35-40K on something they haven't even seen, let alone know if its any good ?

Somewhat frustrating.

It's the same with ferrari, lambo unless you wait till it's been out a little while and there are a few second hand ones hard to get a test drive.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    Dem peoples with moneyz no sense
    Oh I dont know ..... sure its a gamble ... but really how much,

Its a modern RWD car with a decent amount of power, made from a company that do know how to make good performance cars.

Is it really going to be shit ?

Ultimately its either going to drive slightly better ... or slightly worse than a bmw. But not massively different in all reality.

so the only real gamble is going to be the state of the interior .... and I think you can hazzard a guess its going to be around the same level that the Focus and mondeo are.

I think .... its going to be exaclt how you imagine it to be ... so going on that, do you like the look of it yes or no .... if yes then buy

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The dealer I got my ST from last May had already sold one then, bloke walked in and just said he wanted one

So facelift ST for me in the next month or so then possible Mustang early 2016
    Get the MUSTANG!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by YannG View Post
    Get the MUSTANG!!!
    He needs to change his car before this Autumn

Rides

Somewhat frustrating.
    Guess he is a Mustang fan and just had to have one

Quote Originally Posted by YannG View Post
    Get the MUSTANG!!!
    As JW said i need to change my car soonish as its coming up for a service and the tyres are going off plus with it being a prefacelift i can see it taking a dip in value in the next 6 months as soon as Facelift ones start coming on the 2nd hand market.
    Mark is right.

Rides

Somewhat frustrating.
    If the handling is shit then bolt a supercharger to it.
    If the interior is shit then bolt a nitrous kit to it.
    If the wheels look shit shove some drag tyres on it.

You get where I'm going...............

Rides
    Going by a "supposed" Ring lap time for the 350R Mustang of 7.32 i think its safe to say that the chassis is pretty good.

Look forward to actually seeing what the normal versions are like but i don't see it being too dissimilar tbh.

Rides
    Didn't various other hot Yank cars post impressive times several years ago??

All were horrible to drive anywhere other than the ring tho.

Rides
    I think American lap times are a bit like American dyno power graphs

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    Didn't various other hot Yank cars post impressive times several years ago??

All were horrible to drive anywhere other than the ring tho.
    The Camaro Z/28 set an impressive lap time as well but seeing as not many people own them, let along drive them on the roads in the UK i don't think its fair to comment. Still impressive regardless of how "unuseable" it is on the road.

American cars have came on leaps and bounds in recent years in terms off overall performance and handling dynamics, The good ones are definitely up there with the good European cars IMO.

Rides
    I drove the previous Mustang GT whilst in the States and it wasnt a bus by any stretch, easily dispatched some spanner Audi A4 who was driving up my arse in some twisties

Had a rattly door though
    Mark is right.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by _Jamie_ View Post
    American cars have came on leaps and bounds in recent years in terms off overall performance and handling dynamics, The good ones are definitely up there with the good European cars IMO.
    This. Last week I drove a C7 Corvette Stingray followed by a 991 Carrera S and the Corvette was a lot better than I would have imagined. Okay, so the interior wasn't up to the Porsche standard (it is £20k cheaper after all) but it was a perfectly nice place to be, just a little cramped. The 7-speed manual is reasonably hefty but the clutch doesn't try to destroy your knee after ten minutes. Steering is really sharp and nicely weighted, and the general handling is nice and predictable. If it was RHD it would make a great b-road car.

That said I did prefer the 911

Rides
    I'm not suggesting its going to be shit in some way but I've driven a fair few cars that were good cars that simply weren't right for me.

If I bought a new car, drove it once and decided it wasn't right for me and chopped it in, I'd lose the the price of a fairly decent secondhand car in "drive it out of the showroom" depreciation.

I think I can save myself that potential loss by simply taking a 10 minute test drive....but there are no cars to test drive.

Having said that, I did a 10 minute test drive in a Civic and thought "Meh...it'll do", bought it then slowly let it squash me into a life-crushing decline until I couldn't stand it any longer and knocked it on for a big loss.

I had a new MY2000 Mustang when I was in the States and I liked it but they are going to have moved on in the last 15 years I imagine Like comparing an S12 to an S15.

Rides
    I'm not suggesting its going to be shit in some way but I've driven a fair few cars that were good cars that simply weren't right for me.

If I bought a new car, drove it once and decided it wasn't right for me and chopped it in, I'd lose the the price of a fairly decent secondhand car in "drive it out of the showroom" depreciation.

I think I can save myself that potential loss by simply taking a 10 minute test drive....but there are no cars to test drive.

Having said that, I did a 10 minute test drive in a Civic and thought "Meh...it'll do", bought it then slowly let it squash me into a life-crushing decline until I couldn't stand it any longer and knocked it on for a big loss.

I had a new MY2000 Mustang when I was in the States and I liked it but they are going to have moved on in the last 15 years I imagine Like comparing an S12 to an S15.
    With demand appearing to be pretty strong and initial supply being pretty scarce, these customers pre-ordering and taking the risk they'll like it are probably placing a safe bet I would imagine. Have seen it with Range Rover Sport/Evoque/FFRR just after release, the dealer was selling their 4-6 month old demonstrators for list price without any hassle.

Rides
    So according to the salesman in my local showroom they aren't going to start building them in the States until September and ordering now will get me a car in November 2015....a great time to get a convertible

He says they are being built to order with a cap of 500 being built for the UK this year....It'll be interesting to see if they can get 500 pre-orders from the UK for a car being delivered into the onset of winter.

So, do I grab a new Impreza in March 2015 or wait for March 2016 for the Mustang and hope they have a car I can at least look at in the flesh before ordering ?

Rides
    Grab a subaru in march then order a mustang for 2016.

Or just get a used GTR