Thread: All Roads Lead to Anglesey

Rides

All Roads Lead to Anglesey

This thread is information to help get too and enjoy there stay here on Anglesey at Trac Mon and around North Wales area .

Please can you refrain from posting until i have finished there will be a few threads (4 or 5 ) on here to cover all areas of the Uk into North Wales and Anglesey with directions garages etc etc

Both Bridges onto the Island have ANAP cameras installed and working on the Mainland Side

There are NO fixed Cameras on the Island but about 6/8 Mobile Camera Vans that do work long hrs and plenty of marked and unmarked cars of all models

Coming onto the Island on Friday evening between 4:30 and 7:00 pm and going home on Sunday Evening / Monday Morning expect delays on the Britannia Bridge 2 lanes into 1 and loads of Tourists

If i have missed anything out or there is something i can help you with please drop me a line - Email or Pm

Shell Garages with V Power Along the A55 From Chester to Anglesey heading West

1) Chester East Services on M56
    2) Chester West Services on A55
    3) Junction 24 Abergele 1st left at roundabout then turn 1st right and its about 100mtr on right
    4) Junction 19 Llandudno 1st left at roundabout then turn 1st right and its about 10mtr on right Can get very busy on Friday evenings
    5) Between Junction 16a + 16 after tunnel on left of A55
    6) Off at Junction 8A Take 1st right and head into Menai Bridge its right by the roundabout . ( This is the only Shell Station on the Island )
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Where it says speed limit 30 please do they have vans there all the time on the left by the BT exchange as you hit the 30 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have been warned

Shell Garages with V Power Along the A5 from just before Chirk to Anglesey heading North
    1) On A5 after Oswestry just before you reach Chirk
    2) On A5 just as you enter Betwys y Coed over the bridge and on your Left
    3) Off at Junction 8A Take 1st right and head into Menai Bridge its right by the roundabout . ( This is the only Shell Station on the Island )

Other Garages in the Area
    1) Off at Junction 11 Bangor left at roundabout then right at the next the ESSO is on your right
    2) Off at Junction 10 Bangor 3rd exit under expressway Tesco on right or left at roundabout and Texico 500mts on your right
    3) Off at Junction 7 Gearwen turn left then 2nd right at roundabout Texico is on your right 300mtrs
    4) Off at Junction 6 Llangefni turn right over express way take 3rd exit at roundabout head into llangefni and its on your right just after the citron dealership It`s a Texico
    5) Off at Junction 3 Valley go over express way 2nd exit down into Valley and you have 2 garages there one before the lights on right and the other is about 1/3 mile on left
    6) Off at Junction 2 Holyhead take 3rd exit and you have a Tesco and a Morrisons one on either side you cant miss them

Rides
    Roads coming into North Wales From North - North West - North East

Direct Boring Route M56 - A55 through to Anglesey come off at Junction 5 Rhosniger 1st left then follow A4080 8 miles until you see the Trac Entrance on your Right . Be aware that the Cameras Van will be very active along this route as its a Friday and Full of Tourists Where it says 40 try and keep to it

Interesting Route

1) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 8a and Keep Left . Take road into Llanfair PG ( World Longest Village Name ) Then take left as you enter Village sign posted A 4080 Brynseiencyn and keep following the A4080 through Brynseiencyn - Newbourough - Malltreath - Aberffraw - the Trac entrance is about 2 miles on your left

2) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 8 and turn right at top for Amlwch . 1st left at roundabout then follow B5420 to Llangefni - through town up hill and head for Bodfordd - Llynfaes - Trevor at the Crossroads turn Left following the B5112 untill you reach the A55 go straight on over it then follow signs for Rhosniger 1st left then follow A4080 8 miles until you see the Trac Entrance on your Right . Be aware that the Cameras Van will be very active along this route as its a Friday and Full of Tourists Where it says 40 try and keep to it

3) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 6 then right over A55 then 2nd Left A5 up to the top of the Hill then left on B4422 for Bethel through village till you come to a sharp 90 bend go round the take next left over humpback bridge and follow road 1.5 miles till T Junction . Turn right for Aberfraw the Trac entrance is about 4 miles on your left

Other routes can be suggested

Rides
    Roads coming into North Wales From East Midlands - Stoke - North Midlands etc

Direct Boring Route M6 - M56 - A55 through to Anglesey come off at Junction 5 Rhosniger 1st left then follow A4080 8 miles until you see the Trac Entrance on your Right . Be aware that the Cameras Van will be very active along this route as its a Friday and Full of Tourists Where it says 40 try and keep to it

Interesting Route

1) M6 Junction 16 to Chester following the A500 - then A55

2) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 8a and Keep Left . Take road into Llanfair PG ( World Longest Village Name ) Then take left as you enter Village sign posted A 4080 Brynseiencyn and keep following the A4080 through Brynseiencyn - Newbourough - Malltreath - Aberffraw - the Trac entrance is about 2 miles on your left

3) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 8 and turn right at top for Amlwch . 1st left at roundabout then follow B5420 to Llangefni - through town up hill and head for Bodfordd - Llynfaes - Trevor at the Crossroads turn Left following the B5112 untill you reach the A55 go straight on over it then follow signs for Rhosniger 1st left then follow A4080 8 miles until you see the Trac Entrance on your Right . Be aware that the Cameras Van will be very active along this route as its a Friday and Full of Tourists Where it says 40 try and keep to it

4) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 6 then right over A55 then 2nd Left A5 up to the top of the Hill then left on B4422 for Bethel through village till you come to a sharp 90 bend go round the take next left over humpback bridge and follow road 1.5 miles till T Junction . Turn right for Aberfraw the Trac entrance is about 4 miles on your left

Rides
    Roads coming into North Wales From South - South Wales Midlands -

Direct Boring Route M1 - M6 - M56 - A55 through to Anglesey come off at Junction 5 Rhosniger 1st left then follow A4080 8 miles until you see the Trac Entrance on your Right . Be aware that the Cameras Van will be very active along this route as its a Friday and Full of Tourists Where it says 40 try and keep to it

Interesting Route

1) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford - Shewsbury - A5 Oswestry - Chirk - A5 to Llangollen - Corwen - Betwys y Coed - Capel Curig - Bethesda - A 55 to Anglesey ( 1 of the best driver roads going

2) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford the Off at Junction 3 and follow A 41 to Chester and the A55 to Anglesey

3) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford - Shewsbury - A5 Oswestry - Chirk then follow A483 to Wrexham - Chester and A55

4) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford - Shewsbury - A5 Oswestry - Chirk - A5 to Llangollen - Corwen - Betwys y Coed - Capel Curig after leaving village take 1st left and follow A4086 for about 5 mile - Turn right for Llanberis on the A4086 ( Spectacular drivers road up past Snowdon on your left ) Take bypass and follow road to Caernavon - then aim towards Bangor and the A55 for Anglesey

5) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford - Shewsbury - A5 Oswestry - Chirk - A5 to Llangollen - Corwen - Betwys y Coed - Capel Curig after leaving village take 1st left and follow A4086 till it turns right for Llanberis - This road then becomes the A498 Keep on going straight heading towards Beddgellert - Rhyd Ddu - Waunfawr ( Spectacular drivers road up past Snowdon on your right ) and follow road to Caernavon - then aim towards Bangor and the A55 for Anglesey

6) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 8a and Keep Left . Take road into Llanfair PG ( World Longest Village Name ) Then take left as you enter Village sign posted A 4080 Brynseiencyn and keep following the A4080 through Brynseiencyn - Newbourough - Malltreath - Aberffraw - the Trac entrance is about 2 miles on your left

7) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 8 and turn right at top for Amlwch . 1st left at roundabout then follow B5420 to Llangefni - through town up hill and head for Bodfordd - Llynfaes - Trevor at the Crossroads turn Left following the B5112 untill you reach the A55 go straight on over it then follow signs for Rhosniger 1st left then follow A4080 8 miles until you see the Trac Entrance on your Right . Be aware that the Cameras Van will be very active along this route as its a Friday and Full of Tourists Where it says 40 try and keep to it

8) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 6 then right over A55 then 2nd Left A5 up to the top of the Hill then left on B4422 for Bethel through village till you come to a sharp 90 bend go round the take next left over humpback bridge and follow road 1.5 miles till T Junction . Turn right for Aberfraw the Trac entrance is about 4 miles on your left

Rides
    Roads coming into North Wales From South Wales

Just Follow the A470 or the A483 Bulth Wells - Newtown - Welshpool - Oswestry

Interesting Route

1) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford - Shewsbury - A5 Oswestry - Chirk - A5 to Llangollen - Corwen - Betwys y Coed - Capel Curig - Bethesda - A 55 to Anglesey ( 1 of the best driver roads going

2) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford the Off at Junction 3 and follow A 41 to Chester and the A55 to Anglesey

3) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford - Shewsbury - A5 Oswestry - Chirk then follow A483 to Wrexham - Chester and A55

4) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford - Shewsbury - A5 Oswestry - Chirk - A5 to Llangollen - Corwen - Betwys y Coed - Capel Curig after leaving village take 1st left and follow A4086 for about 5 mile - Turn right for Llanberis on the A4086 ( Spectacular drivers road up past Snowdon on your left ) Take bypass and follow road to Caernavon - then aim towards Bangor and the A55 for Anglesey

5) M6 to Junction 10 for M54 Telford - Shewsbury - A5 Oswestry - Chirk - A5 to Llangollen - Corwen - Betwys y Coed - Capel Curig after leaving village take 1st left and follow A4086 till it turns right for Llanberis - This road then becomes the A498 Keep on going straight heading towards Beddgellert - Rhyd Ddu - Waunfawr ( Spectacular drivers road up past Snowdon on your right ) and follow road to Caernavon - then aim towards Bangor and the A55 for Anglesey

6) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 8a and Keep Left . Take road into Llanfair PG ( World Longest Village Name ) Then take left as you enter Village sign posted A 4080 Brynseiencyn and keep following the A4080 through Brynseiencyn - Newbourough - Malltreath - Aberffraw - the Trac entrance is about 2 miles on your left

7) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 8 and turn right at top for Amlwch . 1st left at roundabout then follow B5420 to Llangefni - through town up hill and head for Bodfordd - Llynfaes - Trevor at the Crossroads turn Left following the B5112 untill you reach the A55 go straight on over it then follow signs for Rhosniger 1st left then follow A4080 8 miles until you see the Trac Entrance on your Right . Be aware that the Cameras Van will be very active along this route as its a Friday and Full of Tourists Where it says 40 try and keep to it

8) A55 to Anglesey Take Junction 6 then right over A55 then 2nd Left A5 up to the top of the Hill then left on B4422 for Bethel through village till you come to a sharp 90 bend go round the take next left over humpback bridge and follow road 1.5 miles till T Junction . Turn right for Aberfraw the Trac entrance is about 4 miles on your left

Rides
    Thats it for now anyone suggest other things i can list here ?

Spent all day today check the routes on my bike

There are no maj roadworks on A55 for a change . Plenty of Topdressing going on on A5 from Capel Currig to Bethesda but should be settled by next Friday i reckon

Anyone coming up on theA 5 want me to post the EVO Triangle route ?????????????

Clai

Only 5 sleeps to go
    Last edited by clai cerrig; 07-07-2013 at 23:27.

Rides
    Good work Clai,top job

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

East Central Scotland Rep tinnysteve's Avatar
    Rides
    Nice work mate!

Rides
    thanks fella

see you soon

Rides

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    Excellent job Clai, thank you for that
    Its gone!

Rides
    Dave, If I was doing Chester to Anglesey and I was on a bike or not in a great hurry, I'd go this way (fingers crossed the link works)

View Larger Map

Rides
    Fantastic info chap.

Rides
    Great info as usual from Dave.
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Dave, If I was doing Chester to Anglesey and I was on a bike or not in a great hurry, I'd go this way (fingers crossed the link works)

View Larger Map
    if i were you i'd take a left going through llandegla, and head toward llangollen, over the horse shoe pass. great road and a great views. also theres a cafe on the road called the pondarosa cafe, nice place.

also for fuel going west on the a55 from chester, there's a shell just after junction 33b (only going west)
    also theres one in holywell, junction 32 (not 32a!) just take the sliproad, follow the road to the shell, then to get back to the a55 just get back onto the same road for about 5 miles and you'll rejoin the a55 at junction 31.

Rides
    Great work Dave, I suspect Ken and I will take great pleasure in using your route mate

Are there any decent sized supermarkets near the track? We'll probably need to a supply run once we get nearby

Rides
    when your on the A55 across anglesey i probably would make sure you keep to the limits weekend morning they like to hide (last 2 times i have been to the track early on a Sat/sunday morning 7-9ish i have seen the police pulled people over..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Sheet View Post
    Great work Dave, I suspect Ken and I will take great pleasure in using your route mate

Are there any decent sized supermarkets near the track? We'll probably need to a supply run once we get nearby
    Hi *****

Off A 55 Jun 10 to Bangor take 3rd Exit and you have a Large Tesco on your right Drive Further up that road and you have a Morrison up to the left past the station or turn right at the station you have an Asda Lidle M&S Food and Aldies

Off A 55 Jun 6 go into Llangefni and you have an Asda - Lidle - Aldies - Iceland and best of ALL A Farm Butcher open to the Public on the Industrial Eatate called Llechwedd Meats for all your BBQ items locally killed and supplied

Off A55 Jun 2 Holyhead you Have a Large Morrisons - Tesco -Asda - Lidle - Aldies all pretty close together

The 2 Anglesey ones are about 8 - 10 miles from the track . Rhosniger itself has a couple of small convenience supermarkets i think and is about 4 miles from the track

Rides
    Cheers mate, need to stock up on Absinthe for the festivities

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Top work on this thread