Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I broke my car just before the Weekender

Rides
    mine broke last week. exactly the same problem as daz lol. turbo is being rebuilt atm, manifold has cracked. tyres are bald. plus a load of other small niggles to sort out. fingers crossed it gets done in time.

Rides
    Will be replacing NSF brake calliper tomorrow or Thursday

Rides
    Yeah Fri night or might give it a go on track first just to make sure the engine works (first time since second rebuild) then sort brakes and push on a bit more after that.

Going to drive down at my own snails pace and see you guys there.

Dunc.

Rides
    This is proper weak compared to most but pressed my snowflake this week.
    No air con!!! No cold air at all!
    Booked into to Kwik fit on Friday, only thing Id trust them with, a machine does it all.
    I suspect its goosed as nothing cold at all so will pack some talc for sweaty balls for the 5 hour slep

Rides
    still need to do lots to mine, i'm now 90% certain i won't be taking the s15. but i'm trying everything i can to get her there
    still need to:
    Fit exhaust& make exhaust brackets for middle of the car.
    bleed the clutch (and hope it moves enough fluid to dissengage the clutch)
    fit my fuel system (regulator, fuel crossover etc)
    buy / fill gearbox oil
    buy / fill engine oil (cheap running in stuff)
    sort out the vac lines for servo assistance (convert from 15mm manifold to 10mm servo)
    mount my remote oil filter head and make custom lines (waiting for bits to convert from AN8 to AN10 after ordering 2 wrong ends!)
    fit lambda sensors (waiting for 22mm lambda socket)
    fit coolant hoses (and hope that the universal-ish hoses i've ordered fit)
    top up coolant and bleed the system
    blank off the heater hoses at the bulkhead, and the outlet from the water pump
    make some sort of air filter fit from the various parts i've ordered.
    Mount my standalon engine harness in the bay somewhere/somehow
    make some custom starter / alternator wiring
    wire in the electric fans
    wire in the fuel pump / starter signal etc from the custom harness
    put the bodywork back together (no headlights, front bumper, arch liners, undertray etc)
    put the dashboard back in

...Hope it all works

I've got tonight, tomorrow night and Friday morning to do the above... and i'm still awaiting parts... wish me luck.

Rides
    Stidi, that's ambitious if I'm honest mate! Good luck though!

Rides
    Woo! Brake pads fitted
    Now to see if they still work

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dunc View Post
    Yeah Fri night or might give it a go on track first just to make sure the engine works (first time since second rebuild) then sort brakes and push on a bit more after that.

Going to drive down at my own snails pace and see you guys there.

Dunc.
    Mine is booked in tomorrow morning to get glass put in my tailgate, working somemore tonight on it, all 4 new tyres are rubbing on something not to mention they need a few miles on them to get a bit grip, I'm taking mine down on a recovery truck, saves me trying to sort one out when I'm there.
    Haven't slept in 2 days so might need a wee nap after getting my tailgate glass done tomorrow morning.

Drove it today for the first time in a week and it felt so slow but I did do 750 miles in a 650 bhp GTR yesterday

Rides
    just finished getting mine back together got a few small problems i wanted to get done before the weekender but they will have to wait for now. just got to get there now. 6hr drive tomorrow yay

Rides
    My car is just about ready, just got to take it to get the glass put in the tailgate at 8.30am, can't wait to get it on track, been years since I been on a track with bends

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobergoose View Post
    My car is just about ready, just got to take it to get the glass put in the tailgate at 8.30am, can't wait to get it on track, been years since I been on a track with bends

Rides
    My god damn last wheel is still with parcel force being custom cleared, having 3 just ain't gonna cut it. May be stuck on the 350z rims still :-(

Rides
    Went for a test drive tonight and split my turbo coolant line. im hoping the turbo is ok as i luckily have spare lines in my garage. gonna be busy in the morning
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Mines not broken, but all the work I was having/trying to do to it still isn't finished. Rollcage is still going in at the moment, seats to be fitted, bodykit/spoiler not fitted yet, need to do an oil change etc etc

Think it can all be done in time minus the bodykit!
    bovvered?

Rides
    last night was interesting - changing the rear wheels for some with a little more rubber - noticed one of my inner CV boots had popped off. then noticed my pads had like no life left in them - luckly Apex had something that would fit in stock and kieran in picking them up and bringing them. just incase mine give up

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazoobe View Post
    Mines not broken, but all the work I was having/trying to do to it still isn't finished. Rollcage is still going in at the moment, seats to be fitted, bodykit/spoiler not fitted yet, need to do an oil change etc etc

Think it can all be done in time minus the bodykit!
    Ran out of time, need to start getting packed up to leave and the cars not finished yet so will be coming in the Jag instead
    Plus although the cars not broken (just in bits) my body seems to be fairly broken from having such a busy time this week so probably better if I skip the track action anyways
    bovvered?

Rides
    Well I'm screwed now, got my tailgate glass fitted and on the way home hit the mother of all potholes and heard a nasty sound, jacked the car up and the front crossmember has parted company from the bracket the tension rods bolt up too. Too say I'm pissed off is an understatement, spent a load getting the car ready for this and the dreaded timworms had other thoughts, weird thing is I was under the car a few months ago and was stabbing the affected area with a large sharp screwdriver and it was solid. I have a welder and metal to fix it, so might have a crack at it when it cools done a little, almost passed out after a couple of hours working on it this morning, but its highly unlikely I'll make it. My friends offered me his GTR but I don't want to risk it on track as I couldn't afford to fix anything if it broke and I too pissed off to come to yet another event without my car and watch everyone else having fun.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobergoose View Post
    Well I'm screwed now, got my tailgate glass fitted and on the way home hit the mother of all potholes and heard a nasty sound, jacked the car up and the front crossmember has parted company from the bracket the tension rods bolt up too.
    That's cruel Sorry you couldn't make it. You were missed.

Rides
    Car's died today - Think I've left the drivers door open in the garage since getting home on Sunday

Battery is flat as a pancake
    Good thing I've got the day off work!