Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2110

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Im thinking of buying a set of aftermarket levers for my bike. Who's got what ?
    What is it your don't like about the existing levers ?

Afraid of breaking them
    Don't like the look of them
    Not reach adjustable
    Feel too long
    Want one finger braking

Rides
    Dont like the look of them
    Feel to long
    Want one finger braking

Rides
    ASV stubbies then like Dave said unless you insist on paying brand name tax.

Pazzo are supposed to be quite good too but I've not used them.

Rides
    Will have a look at the ASV range as heard a few folk mention them.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Oh and thinking of doing some track days 2015 :-)
    You'd have been better doing a couple of track days on the Kwak before you sold it.

A 600 is easier to hustle round a track, you have lower expectations and it costs less if you bin it.

Knockhill is about the only decent track north of the border and its quite nadgery for a big bike as there are no massive straights. Circuit is 1.3 miles round so about like Brands Indy or Lydden Hill.

Rides
    K
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    You'd have been better doing a couple of track days on the Kwak before you sold it.

A 600 is easier to hustle round a track, you have lower expectations and it costs less if you bin it.

Knockhill is about the only decent track north of the border and its quite nadgery for a big bike as there are no massive straights. Circuit is 1.3 miles round so about like Brands Indy or Lydden Hill.
    I know,kinda wish I had kept the 600 for track. Was quite a quick process buying the r1 and getting rid of the ninja so the whole track day thing wasn't considered at the time. I know what you mean about knock hill and a big bike. Thinking of maybe see if I can pay for some tuition if possible.

Rides
    Can anyone recommend a smartphone/satnav cradle for use with clip on bars (very little space for a clamp)? I want something that allows me to spin the phone onto its side so I can use it as a satnav.

Cheers!

Rides
    I'm a bit uneasy about satnavs on bikes.

I don't like the ones you have to look at in cars but at least you can have the sound on and keep your visual concentration on the road whilst being told where to go by a woman.....a bit like driving without a satnav really

If you do decide to take the risk and fit one, you're really going to struggle to position it somewhere where it won't get wet and that you can see it without moving your head. If you can't glance at it without moving your head, you are looking at it not the road and that is dangerous.

When I go somewhere I don't know, I spend a few minutes "learning the route" beforehand and write brief notes and stuff it in my pocket. If I can't remember (happens pretty often) I stop and look at my notes or power up my phone and find out where I went wrong, then off we go again.

Rides
    I've used the sat nav on my phone before. I just plugged in the headphones so I could hear directions, and kept the phone in my pocket.
    The only problem is that the sat nav tends to drain the battery quickly without the phone being on charge as it would be in a car, so I bought a battery pack so I know I'm not going to have a dead phone for the return journey.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel H View Post
    I've used the sat nav on my phone before. I just plugged in the headphones so I could hear directions, and kept the phone in my pocket.
    The only problem is that the sat nav tends to drain the battery quickly without the phone being on charge as it would be in a car, so I bought a battery pack so I know I'm not going to have a dead phone for the return journey.
    That sounds sensible except that you can't do that and wear earplugs so there is a lot of wind-noise that causes hearing damage in the long-term....or do you have a helmet with an intercom built in ?

Rides
    It's only really for a trip I plan on taking next year, so I just wanna glance at it now and again. I want to mount it in front or next to the speedo and use the sat nav speed because my clocks are a bit iffy, I need to change them but it's a massive faff.

I won't use headphones because I will go mad from wind noise

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    That sounds sensible except that you can't do that and wear earplugs so there is a lot of wind-noise that causes hearing damage in the long-term....or do you have a helmet with an intercom built in ?
    I bought a quiet Scuberth helmet, and you could always use noise cancelling headphones to lower wind noise.

Rides
    Well - Forgot about the MOT for the blade! moving house etc and it ran out over a month ago

so booked in for this after noon and took it after work, passed again with no issues but anyhow....

It was pretty twitchy and not very confidence inspiring taking it in this weather, 2deg temp according to the work van and it had been raining etc most of the afternoon. I took it to Staffs triumph, a great bunch and top notch service regardless of what make you take in.... while the MOT was taking place I went for a test ride on a Tiger XC 800 and....

What a bike to ride, so so so easy! a 6 year old could jump on straight of their big wheel and throw it round, even in this slippy grimey weather it was so well behaved and confidence inspiring if anything it was too easy and you could get in big trouble without realising. a real nice experience that I wasn't expecting from their appearance.

Rides
    That's what Clai is riding these days. He seemed to enjoy it

Rides
    Dean

I bought one 2mths ago to replace the Speed Triple loving every min of it so far

The 1st bike in a while ive had where i dont feel the need to change / mod anything

Rides
    I will be tempted once the price drops a little, As I only do around 1500 miles a year on the bike I can't really justify the extra cost over the 'blade yet

Rides
    What tyres on the blade? Still the same ones Cosy sold it to you with??

Rides
    no, but similar.... the back one was shagged and got a puncture, so because I don't push it that hard on the road I went down a notch to Pirelli Diablo Rosso's instead of the corsa ones, The roads where I live are shat and these are a lot less twitchy and skittish than the smoother version.

Incidentally I still have a very good condition Diablo Corsa front tyre in the spare room to sell

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    What tyres on the blade? Still the same ones Cosy sold it to you with??
    Good point. It probably deserves fresh fork oil and rear shock by now too.
    Dunlop roadsmarts are highly rated. Im going for a bridgestone s20 rear on mine but only because I have a bt16 on the front already

Rides
    True, with moving house etc it's been a bit neglected this year, just kept clean and oiled, I'm going to give it a proper going over before next year.