Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Can anyone name the castle ?
    Is it Newark Castle ?

Rides
    Nope

Rides
    Renewed the Taxed on mine this week now getting quotes for the insurance

Managed to get 3 hrs dry riding round the Llanberis passes through to Beddgelert and down in to Caernavon today was reasonably mild and no wind as a bonus

Rides
    Taxed the 'Blade last week

and insurance has dropped another £70 with 2yrs NCD now own to £160, cant wait sell my house and get a garage, the online quotes are around £110 garaged

Rides
    I'd been thinking about changing my SV650 this year for something a bit newer, so I bought myself a Street Triple at the weekend! To say I'm impressed is an understatement I love the noise it makes. Don't think I'm even going to change the exhausts.
    Just a pain I only taxed the SV at the beginning of the month, as I wasn't planning on changing it quite this soon.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel H View Post
    I'd been thinking about changing my SV650 this year for something a bit newer, so I bought myself a Street Triple at the weekend! To say I'm impressed is an understatement I love the noise it makes. Don't think I'm even going to change the exhausts.
    Just a pain I only taxed the SV at the beginning of the month, as I wasn't planning on changing it quite this soon.
    Stock exhaust? Get it off! The arrow lowboy transforms it.

Rides
    It's the sort of whiney noise it makes that I like, I don't want to put on a louder exhaust and drown out the whine!

Rides
    Pics!

Rides
    pics needed indeed! love the street triple!

Rides
    Haven't got any decent pics yet. The only one I've taken was in the rain after the ride home from collecting it. It got absolutely plastered on the trip home. It was immaculate when I picked it up.

Rides
    Double post
    Last edited by Daniel H; 19-02-2014 at 17:44.

Rides
    Very nice Daniel.

So managed to get out on the ninja today again. Wow, 2 days and some dry weather ha. Still feeling a little under confident when braking. I know that I should have my speed set and in correct gear before entering a corner but still scared to touch the brakes when in a corner if still over speeding. Especially the front brake. Front brake a no no.
    Just to clarify...when braking,both brakes should be applied together with front brake first. I know the front brake is the main brake on the bike and most stopping power and should not be applied when cornering. So when cornering and still going to fast ??? Slight rear brake ?

Was just thinking to myself today when I was younger what was the appeal to motorbikes ? It was watching carl fogarty on his ducati. Always loved ducati's but never really heard of anyone riding them very much. Why is this ? Maintenance,parts and can get equall performance for less money ? Bought MCN paper today. Just seen the ducati 1199 panigale r priced at £26,550. Never knew bikes when for that much lol.

Rides
    Rear brake will do nowt to scrub speed off if you've entered a corner too fast. I rarely use mine at all in any circumstances unless it was for my U-turn on the test.

Braking into a corner is relatively straight forward if you know how. When you pull the front brake in a corner the bike will try and pitch upright and head straight on. What you need to do is lean further over and ease the front break on, counter steering to help you maintain the corner line. not enough lean and all the front shifting weight could tip you over and highside you, too much and you lowside.
    Last edited by Prior; 19-02-2014 at 19:35.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    Rear brake will do nowt to scrub speed off if you've entered a corner too fast. I rarely use mine at all in any circumstances unless it was for my U-turn on the test.

Braking into a corner is relatively straight forward if you know how. When you pull the front brake in a corner the bike will try and pitch upright and head straight on. What you need to do is lean further over and ease the front break on, counter steering to help you maintain the corner line. not enough lean and all the front shifting weight could tip you over and highside you, too much and you lowside.
    Noted

Rides
    Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt want to do it through choice

JWs answer will be probably lean over and accelerate out!

Rides
    Yeah,I'm to blame I suppose if I am cornering at to high a speed.

Rides
    I wouldn't try braking in corners too fast for what ? Is the question
    I would recommend that you slow down a little, relax and build your confidence slowly. Aim to have your braking done well before the.bend. there is plenty of time for you to become the next vale later in the.year

sent from t'internet

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Was just thinking to myself today when I was younger what was the appeal to motorbikes ? It was watching carl fogarty on his ducati. Always loved ducati's but never really heard of anyone riding them very much. Why is this ? Maintenance,parts and can get equall performance for less money ? Bought MCN paper today. Just seen the ducati 1199 panigale r priced at £26,550. Never knew bikes when for that much lol.
    Why do not that many people drive Ferraris? Because they're expensive

We have a guy in at work some times (consultant) who has an 1199 Panigale, he managed to drop it while it was only TPFT insured and got away with a broken brake lever

Rides
    Tpft on a pani! Sod that!

I really want a Diavel but not 16k worth of want

Rides
    All of the awesome bikes mentioned, panigale, Diavel, to be honest im still a fan of the Ducati 996...

Although over those, id still take the BMW s1000rr..im just in love with that bike!

Well im about to store the bike for 2 weeks and a bit, got a paddock stand, along with a bike cover. Im going to ride it for the last time saturday, clean it, lube/clean the chain, paddock stand, lock it and cover it....

Should I do anything else guys for storing it? It will be for 1 month max! Remove the battery?

thanks for any input!