Page 54 of 106 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2110

Thread: I want to get a bike license

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    I've been riding a divvy regularly since I got married

Thinking of buying this actually - looks awesome, been molyslipped n everything and the seller seems a really sound guy:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XVS...d=620682482032

so it looks like a 500, has markings of a 500, is actually a 250, but is really a 125. Riiiighht.
    Is it wrong that I want to see her face ?

lol at the divvy joke Better hope your other half doesn't see that one.

Rides
    She wouldn't think it was her - not because she doesn't think she's a divvy; because I don't get to ride her regularly

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    She wouldn't think it was her - not because she doesn't think she's a divvy; because I don't get to ride her regularly
    On a side-note, are you going to The Wharf tonight as I have a surprise for your wife ?

Rides
    Hey guys, thought I would show you my progress so far with the SV650...I dont ride it as much as i would like as im back in the uk only once a month! but everytime i do ride it itputs a huge SMILE ON MY FACE and love it hehe...do miss my 14a though...

Few pictures:
    Mods are
    -Genuine suzuki lower fairings painted pearl crystal red
    -Genuine suzuki fitting kit
    -Black Evotech exhaust hanger
    -Smaller number plate
    -Oxford nano indicators (still have to fit the fronts)

Few pictures:

Cheers.
    Yann.

Rides
    Just needs tassles on the handlebars and a king and queen seat and it'll look sick, man !

Seriously though, that looks nice. Get those front indicators fitted though as they look completely out of place now you've got rid of the rears.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    On a side-note, are you going to The Wharf tonight as I have a surprise for your wife ?
    No mate, we're blessed with the presence of Ze Germans for the next 6 days so we'll not be doing a lot that doesn't involve looking after kids..........and their children

Rides
    Thanks Johnny, tassles will be fitted soon!

i know you love my pink bike

Rides
    I managed to find some Suzuki GZ250 risers and fitted them to my bike, massive improvement to riding position, im now pulled further over the tank.

Last pic isnt mine but shows the drastic improvememnt:

Rides
    The SV is looking great Yann

Rides
    Boo! Got a puncture on the rear of the fireblade

Anyone tried the maxxis sport diamonds? The roads are totally shite round here at the min, constantly covered in grit and loose stones from the poor upkeep, so was looking for something a bit more forgiving than the diablos it's got now. They are great in a dry nice road but feel like they turn to plastic as soon as there's a little grit on the road or they're a little greasy.

I don't really need to change the front tyre as well it's pretty new still, but DK have the maxxis in at the moment for £180 a pair and as far as I can see it's not much more than a rear diablo

Rides
    further reading gives some very mixed reviews for maxxis tyres, so I think I will give them a miss, esp after some googling has found Conti sport attack tyres for £10 less a set and the reviews are all positive.

still appreciate any input or suggestions as I won't be ordering/fitting until the weekend at least

Rides
    Does anybody on here fit their own tyres?
    I watched a couple of videos of it being done on YouTube and it didn't look to difficult.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel H View Post
    Does anybody on here fit their own tyres?
    I watched a couple of videos of it being done on YouTube and it didn't look to difficult.
    Forget it. You don't have the kit.

Take the wheels out and get a pro to remove and dispose of the tyre, replace the valve, fit the new tyre, balance it by applying weights.

Then refit the tyre and realign the wheel using a long straight edge (not the marks on the swing arm).

Rides
    depends what gear you have how skint you are and if your throwing away the old tyres. Tubeless tyres are a pece of piss compared to mx tyres but they are still a battle. If you concerned about scratching you wheels and balancing then get the shop to do it.

Rides
    well ordered a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 £190 fitted, on the advice of the tyre bloke.

apparently they are pretty much the same as the conti's but a tenner cheaper fitted and a bit more road orientated.

so as the front Pirelli Diablo Corse is pretty good, less than half worn is there a market for part worn bike tyres?

Rides
    Someone might take it cheap as its a track day tyre but you'd have been better off just getting the rear and waiting for the front to get used up over the summer.

Regarding DIY tyre changes, unless you are talking about someone pretty competent.... with a set of weights and a lot of patience... and a set of levers.... and a bike that handles like a bag of crap anyway like a trail bike or a scooter...then its just a big fat no feckin' way.

If you crack the alloy or feck the bead or don't seat the valve or put the tyre on the wrong way round or misjudge the amount of weight to put where then the only thing that keeps you off the tarmac isn't going to be there when you want it to be.

For the sake of a tenner a wheel there is no way in hell its worth it.

Rides
    I have a set of tyre levers and I tried to get the old rubber off a set of F2 wheels that I am having restored... theres no f*cking way!!

for one breaking the bead is a complete ball ache and two trying to lever off a tyre from a wide, small diameter sports bike wheel is hell. My levers are 2ft long and even they didn't have the necessary leverage to easily pop the tyre off the rim. One lever managed to swing back and crack me square in the face.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    ...One lever managed to swing back and crack me square in the face.
    Sorry but lol, Rory

Reminded me of that trick we did as kids where you do "Chinese arm-wrestling" by getting the other kid to make a fist then you pull down on their fist while they resist then you let go

Hope it didn't hurt for too long.

To break the bead, the best bet is to let the air out (obviously) then lay the wheel flat on a soft surface (so you don't scratch it) then stand on the tyre and tread round it pushing the tyre into the centre and off the bead. Should work for a big fella like you.

Once you've broken the bead, you can cut them off

Rides
    Any one doing the Stafford Classic Bike show at Bingly Hall this weekend ? Group of us there on Sat if you fancy hooking up for a jangle ?

Rides
    tyre lube and a big rubber mallet will get the tyre off easier.
    I had a pirelli rosso 2 on the back of my gsxr750 and it would spin up easy at 70 on damp roads