Thread: Budget S13 Drift car build

Rides

Budget S13 Drift car build

Well i should of got on here ages ago and started this so keep with me as i add bits over this week to where i am today!

I bought my S13 as a non runner off ebay for £500. Suspected cam belt gone. Other than a few pictures i didn`t no too much and took a risk on it.

This was me collecting her!

Rides

update

Once home i gave her a good look over. a bit of rust on one of the front wings and on the tail gate. There has been some welding done so she is in fairly good condition. Inside she is in very good condition!

Paint is faided and peeling all over the car but im not to worried as she will be repainted.

Rides
    So the next thing i did was source lots goodies for it as a good friend was breaking his!

New exhaust, Lock mods, S14 brakes, 5 stud conversion and braided brake lines were all purchased!

Rides
    So while i got a bit of money together as the car alone took all my saved money i decided to get stripping her out. All the rear benches etc all to be removed as they are not needed.

Rides
    And was the cambelt snapped? good work so far mate keep it up! whats the underneath like?

Rides
    Next thing was to source a new tailgate and wing! Took of the old ones and replaced with rust free new ones! also sourced a set of Side skirts from a BDC car so popped them on too!

Rides
    Yes Cambelt was snapped!

Rides
    Ok so to know what i really needed it was time to remove the engine!

Rides
    While the engine was out i started to paint out the inside with hamarite:

Once i had started i didnt like the high gloss finish, so decided to paint the worst bits and get a covering on her then i will spray it satin black.

Rides

Engine strip

Engine needed to be stripped apart to see what the damage was:

Outcome was a snapped belt!

It had also done 9 valves!

Rides
    So while the engine is out and im sourcing parts i finished getting the rear inside sprayed satin black!

Rides
    So this is where i am at now.

Finished the above yesterday, new clips coming to put all the wiring back into place.

New head sourced so just waiting to collect it. Now sourcing gaskets, cam belt and head bolts. Once i have all the parts engine can go back together and back into the car.
    while i wait for these the block will get a freshen up and might even paint the engine bay.

Rides
    Little update today. I have finally sourced a head which is ready to bolt back on, will collect this next week.
    Also sourced a body kit for the car so now need to sell my pre face lift pig nose bumper and the rear!

Seems to be coming along, now need gaskets, plugs, belts, head bolts and fluids! Wow my list never ends!!!

Rides
    That’s coming along nicely… always good to see a girl getting her hands dirty..!

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Nice one, are you going to rebuild the engine? May as well throw some new bearings and rings in there while it's out. Also tuck the loom while the wings are off, saves trouble if you lower it a lot.

Rides
    Not going for a full rebuild going to replace the parts that need to be then i want to get it drifting. She wont be lowered much as she will be used on track not to look at xxx