Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Company Cars

Rides
    for my comp to insure me.. the car has to be three years old or younger lol! so they gave me a 62 plate nissan..and ill have a fiesta in the next few months. all i gta do is put fuel in it.

10yrs old wud make our work carpark look far less posh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rides
    If you go Diesel it has to be German or French, & if you want an interesting diesel then you're basically down to BMW I think, 1- or 3-series. Although, I think Renault did a Megane Cup diesel of some kind at some point in the last 5 years, so that might be a leftfield choice for a good FF chassis.

If it's purely emissions based then there are a few 50+mpg petrols you could consider
    Fiat 500 TwinAir - Richard Porter loves his
    Ford Fiesta Ecoboost - should be quite fun, & you could always turn the boost up for a 200bhp Fiesta
    Lexus hybrids - boring but non-diesel and might be relaxing to drive and nice to own, since you're keeping your S14 as a fun car anyway

BTW I agree 100% about not committing fraud.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    If you go Diesel it has to be German or French, & if you want an interesting diesel then you're basically down to BMW I think, 1- or 3-series. Although, I think Renault did a Megane Cup diesel of some kind at some point in the last 5 years, so that might be a leftfield choice for a good FF chassis.

If it's purely emissions based then there are a few 50+mpg petrols you could consider
    Fiat 500 TwinAir - Richard Porter loves his
    Ford Fiesta Ecoboost - should be quite fun, & you could always turn the boost up for a 200bhp Fiesta
    Lexus hybrids - boring but non-diesel and might be relaxing to drive and nice to own, since you're keeping your S14 as a fun car anyway

BTW I agree 100% about not committing fraud.
    My company car is a Renault Megane Sport Tourer GT Line which has a very good chassis imo. Excellent handling for an estate.
    And it has a 1.5dci Engine!

And yes richard porter loves his twin air but he also say its shit on fuel! As are all these tiny engine petrols.

Rides
    bit shit, our gaffas at work have company cars, all newish stuff mostly pov diesel astra/focu etc. Fail to see how that improves company image, but any how, dont get french, depending on your mileage buy petrol

Rides
    Its not to improve company image. We have a "Green Car Scheme", so its all about carbon footprint....

As for saying go petrol, I dont see how I can when its based on emisions. Apart from that fiesta ecoboost that was mentioned.

Rides
    One of the managers at work has the 1.0l Focus in 125hp trim and loves it. Reckons he gets ~55mpg on a motorway cruise no trouble, at least 50 the rest of the time. 114g/km, hardly horrendous.
    Last edited by zeppelin101; 11-12-2012 at 07:27.

Rides
    1L Fiesta?! didnt even know they existed!

Rides
    I'm trying to steer my mum towards something like that over the diesel X type she currently drives as she doesn't really travel more than 5 miles at a time and it's a bit uneccessary having a 2.2 diesel estate for pottering around town in lol